Cinematic Murder Mystery Rainswept Begins Indiegogo Campaign
Rainswept follows the cold midnight shootings of Christopher Green and Diane Miller, residents of Pineview with a troubled reputation.
By: Frostwood Interactive
Trailer - https://youtu.be/
As one Detective Michael Anderson, players are called in to investigate the apparent murder-suicide in a cinematic adventure game featuring –
· A Story-First Approach emphasizing dramatic cut-scenes, branching dialogue, dream and flashback sequences.
· Multiple Perspectives.Relive key moments off Chris and Diane's love affair as they get to know each other and fall in love.
· An Opinionated Cast of interactive small-town personalities, persons of interest, uncooperative government officials, choices of dialogue and a few personal demons.
· Surreal 2D Artwork to complement Pineview's part-rain swept, part-sun washed exterior of smooth camera movements, closeups, gradients and parallax lighting.
· An Original Score by micAmic (https://micamic.bandcamp.com/
· Coffee, cigarettes and pines.
Assisted by the empathetic Officer Blunt, Rainswept aims to settle its audience into the daily rhythm of a small-town murder investigation by having them explore the streets of Pineview, interrogate suspects and solve puzzles in point n' click fashion.
All while Detective Anderson's own unresolved trauma threatens to jeopardize the case. Players will also experience Chris' emotional story with Diane through flashback sequences, joining them in pivotal moments of their lives.
Rainswept was first released as a 30-minute playable demo in the month of January 2018, garnering well over 50,000 views and 10,000 play-throughs across Gamejolt (https://gamejolt.com/
An Indiegogo campaign (https://www.indiegogo.com/
'Rainswept can be played from start to end, but I now need to plug-in the holes by adding elements to make the world feel more alive, polishing various aspects of writing, animations, graphics, UI, and testing for quality assurance,' explains Armaan Sandhu of Frostwood.
'All acquired funds will not only ensure maximum quality of the final product but will also help with keeping its release schedule.'
Rainswept is being developed for an estimated January 2019 PC, Mac and Linux supported launch across Steam, Itch.io and Gamejolt. One may choose to learn more of its creative process by visiting the game on Indiegogo (https://www.indiegogo.com/
Also listed on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/
For an updated press kit please visit the Rainswept website (https://www.rainsweptgame.com/)
About Frostwood Interactive
Frostwood Interactive is independently run by Armaan Sandhu, architect and film maker with a passion for creating emotionally compelling, narrative driven video game experiences.
Rainswept will be its first commercial release.