News By Tag
News By Place
Susan G. Komen® Orange County Welcomes New 2018-19 Board Members
Orange County executives join the local chapter of the world's largest breast cancer organization; new board president and vice president announced
"We are inspired by the unwavering support and commitment to the organization by these four individuals,"
· Jaspreet (Jas) Kaur, MS, MBS, PMP is vice president and program manager of global technology infrastructure and operations at PIMCO in Newport Beach. Kaur formerly led Pacific Life's product redesign of the Index Universal Life Insurance product, one of the company's premier offerings. She is a technology pioneer in the investment management industry and holds an MBA from University of Southern California's Marshall School of Business.
· Gina Mastantuono serves as chief financial officer of Ingram Micro, where she is responsible for the company's global finance organization. She joined the company in April 2013 from Revlon Inc., where she held various finance and accounting executive roles. For the past two years, Mastanutono has been recognized as one of National Diversity Council's Top 50 Most Powerful Women in Technology. She is a certified public accountant and attended the State University of New York at Albany, where she earned a bachelor's degree in accounting and business administration
· Rita Parvaneh, CPA has been a financial leader for more than 25 years. She is currently the chief financial officer of Spireon, Inc. in Irvine. Prior to taking the helm as CFO, Parvaneh was vice president controller and successfully steered the merger of the three entities that eventually became Spireon. A graduate of California State University, Fullerton, Parvaneh has previously utilized her extensive corporate finance skills at Optum, Inc., Scantron and Deloitte.
· Scott Sherman is the executive vice president of human resources at Ingram Micro, where he oversees worldwide human resources operations, corporate communications and brand and customer experience. He is the recipient of the 2014 NHRA National Human Resources Executive of the Year for the Orange County chapter. Sherman earned his bachelor's degree in international affairs from The George Washington University and received his master's in labor relations from Cornell University.
Komen Orange County's 2018-19 board includes:
· President – Carrie Swanson, Boeing
· Vice President – Craig C. Glorioso, JD, Greenberg Traurig LLP
· Past President – Gretchen Valentine, CPA, RSM US LLP
· Treasurer – Karin Wheeler, community volunteer, breast cancer survivor, retired CPA
· Secretary – Dr. Devera Heard, EdD, National Council of 100 Black Women
· Elizabeth Chao, MD, FACMG, UCI School of Medicine
· Lisa Guerra, MD, breast surgeon
· Jaspreet (Jas) Kaur, PIMCO
· January Lopez, MD, Hoag Hospital
· Gina Mastantuono, Ingram Micro
· Doug McKay, United Way
· Rita Parvaneh, CPA, Spireon, Inc.
· Scott Sherman, Ingram Micro
· Lisa Sparks, PhD, Chapman University
· Carrie Strom, Allergan
Susan G. Komen Orange County board members work diligently year-round to serve and support the Orange County community. Guided by the board, the local affiliate has raised more than $40 million and continues to be at the forefront of bringing life-saving breast health initiatives to the entire community.
About Susan G. Komen® and Komen Orange County
Susan G. Komen is the world's largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. Komen has set a bold goal to reduce the current number of breast cancer deaths by 50 percent in the U.S. by 2026. Komen was founded in 1982 by Nancy G. Brinker, who promised her sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would end the disease that claimed Suzy's life. Komen Orange County is working to better the lives of those that face breast cancer in the local community. Through events like the Komen Orange County Race for the Cure®, Komen Orange County has invested more than $40 million in community breast health programs and has helped contribute to the more than $920 million invested globally in research. For more information, call 714-957-9157 or visit komenoc.org.
HKA Marketing Communications