News By Tag
News By Location
Thomson Reuters Signs on as Platinum Sponsor of Annual OWIT Conference in Kenya
Bridging the Gap - Empowering Businesses to Go Global. Intercontinental Hotel - Nairobi, Kenya
By: OWIT International
As a Platinum Sponsor, Thomson Reuters' Hulya Kurt will host the first seminar of the Capacity Building Workshop on October 24th entitled 'Tips and Tricks When Pitching Your Product' from 8:45-9:30am. In the evening, Thomson Reuters is sponsoring the 'VIP Networking Cocktail Reception' from 5:30pm. On Day 2 of the conference, Thomson Reuters' own Lenin Oyuga, Regional Business Lead for East Africa, will be a featured panelist on the afternoon's panel discussion on 'Technology and Innovation Driving Trade in Africa' at 1:15pm.
OWIT President, Jennifer Diaz, said "I am pleased to announce that Thomson Reuters has signed on to be a Platinum Sponsor of OWIT's Annual Conference. As one of the largest mass media and data analytic firms throughout the world, it is fantastic that Thomson Reuters recognizes the value of OWIT and our mission to be the premier organization for women in international trade."
Day One of the conference will be comprised of a Capacity Building Workshop for local women entrepreneurs seeking to take their business across borders. On Day Two trade practitioners and policy makers from around the world will discuss best practices for shaping cross-border commerce, share insights for what's next for the future of trade, and the evolving role of women in trade.
CAPACITY BUILDING WORKSHOP OVERVIEW - OCTOBER 24
Internationalization of trade and investment is complex. OWIT's International Capacity Building Workshop provides attendees with access to the subject matter experts and resources needed to help overcome the unique challenges of internationalized trade and investment. The workshop targets female business-owners who are currently exporting their goods or services, or are seeking partnerships and networks that will provide them with the right information, markets, and ﬁnances required to take up global trade opportunities.
CONFERENCE OVERVIEW - OCTOBER 25
The conference will explore some of the main constraints faced by female entrepreneurs in accessing new opportunities and markets in the global trading arena, including:
• Lack of access to credit
• Lack of access to trade-related information
• Limited capacity in terms of knowledge and skills
• Limited participation and representation in trade policy-related positions
The 18th Annual OWIT Conference aims to:
• Explore how to enhance women's capacity to engage in international trade;
• Address the constraints in accessing new markets, and to build women's capacity to beneﬁt from cross-border trade;
• Initiate action-oriented conversations that result in greater female participation in global trade;
• Foster conversations about obtaining alternate, competitive sources of investment capital required for female entrepreneurs to up-scale their businesses;
• Provide a platform to connect women across traditional, emerging, and developed markets;
• Understand the capacity of domestic and international organizations to dismantle the trade challenges identiﬁed by stakeholders;
• And, reﬁne and aﬃrm the commitment and pledges from stakeholders for the key messages that emerge from the conference.
"We are proud to have Thomson Reuters as a Platinum Sponsor of OWIT's Annual Conference to be held this year in Nairobi, Kenya. As a Platinum Sponsor, Thomson Reuters recognizes the value of OWIT, as an international network for thousands of women in international trade, and Kenya, as a rising influencer in global trade. We look forward to welcoming Thomson Reuters and attendees to the 18th Annual OWIT International World Conference in Kenya. Karibuni Kenya!" said Mucha Mlingo, OWIT Nairobi President.
For more information about the OWIT Conference, International Capacity Building Workshop, and sponsorship opportunities please visit https://www.owit.org/