Plumbers warn Victorians to check gas appliances

Local plumbers have urged Victorian residents to be vigilant and ensure that gas appliances are safe for use this winter.
By: 24 Hour Melbourne Plumbers
MELBOURNE, Australia - July 4, 2018 - PRLog -- Local plumbers warn residents to be vigilant with gas appliances and have them checked regularly after the Victorian government wrote to residents urging them not to use space heaters this winter.

The government wrote to 6500 Victorian residents warning them of the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning from faulty gas heaters.

Plumber Dean Elabbas of 24 Hour Melbourne Plumbers says that it is vital gas appliances are maintained and checked regularly.

The Master Plumbers Association of Victoria recently called for mandatory checks of gas appliances after the government warned residents.

In a release, CEO Peter Daly said that all gas appliances that are not regularly serviced have the potential to cause death from carbon monoxide poisoning.

"We support Energy Safe Victoria's warning to users of Vulcan/Pyrox gas heaters, but one-off testing is not going to prevent a tragedy from happening again," he said.

"Testing of gas appliances for carbon monoxide requires a complex program of work, including a full service of the appliance and consideration of factors such as the ventilation and ongoing serviceability of the appliance. "

"The community has the right to expect that they can safely use their heaters and stoves when they need them.  Gas appliances require regular maintenance to work effectively, and when this is done by an appropriately licensed and trained professional, users can have the confidence that everything will be in order for the winter months ahead," Mr. Daly said.

Dean Elabbas
1300 045 835
Location:Melbourne - Victoria - Australia
Account Email Address Verified     Account Phone Number Verified     Disclaimer     Report Abuse
Xugar Design PRs
Trending News
Most Viewed
Top Daily News

Like PRLog?
Click to Share