Red Hot & Boom Set to Color the Skies on July 3
Altamonte Springs' 23rd annual festival brings hot acts, family fun and dazzling fireworks for Independence Day
By: City of Altamonte Springs
The City of Altamonte Springs and
XL 106.7 are partnering to deliver a day of music from the hottest artists, family fun, and of course, one of the best fireworks displays in the South at the 23rd annual Red Hot & Boom festival.
More than two decades since it first began, the event has grown into an anticipated family-friendly tradition, drawing more than 175,000 spectators celebrating the spirit of summer.
Red Hot & Boom will take place on Tuesday, July 3, 2018 at Cranes Roost Park in Uptown Altamonte.
The event is known for featuring up-and-coming talent for a FREE show which starts at 4 p.m. and continues after the fireworks.
This year's artists include:
· Echosmith — This sibling trio stormed onto the scene with the hit "Cool Kids," but the new release, "Over My Head" is already climbing the Billboard charts.
· Lauv — Singer-songwriter Lauv has a collaboration with Demi Lovato and a tour with Ed Sheeran under his belt, but his breakout song "I Like Me Better" made him a star in his own right.
· MAX — The 25-year-old model, actor and musician is known for his single "Lights Down Low." The aspiring singer has also worked with the likes of Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz and Pharrell.
· Jack & Jack — This rap-pop duo got their start on the social media platform Vine, but have since taken on music professionally, recently releasing the single "Beg."
· In Real Life — The winners of the reality show "Boy Band" have already released the single "Tattoo" and are touring this summer.
· Alyssa Raghu — The Lake Nona High School sophomore is fresh off her stint on "American Idol," where she graced the Top 24.
· Logan Henderson — Known for his role on the TV show "Big Time Rush" and the band by the same name, Henderson is now taking on a solo career with several recent singles, including "Sleepwalker."
The hottest act of the night is the show-stopping fireworks, lighting up the sky with a splash of color starting at 9:30 p.m., weather permitting.
The fireworks display is perfectly choreographed and synchronized to today's hits and old-time favorites for the dazzling 25-minute show over Cranes Roost Lake.
"Red Hot & Boom has become a tradition for families throughout the south east. We want to create a happy and energetic environment for all who attend this event," said Jerry Sullivan, deputy director of Leisure Services for the City of Altamonte Springs. "We're incredibly proud of this celebration, and we work hard to make sure this event is fun and memorable every year."
Red Hot & Boom starts at 4 p.m. The event is rain or shine.
For more information, please visit www.UptownAltamonte.com/
Like Us on Facebook! Follow Us on Twitter
Join the Conversation
Become a part of the buzz this year and get social! Share how you celebrate Independence Day at Red Hot & Boom using #RHB, #RedHotandBoom or #CelebrateColorfully. You might just see your post on the big screens at the event.
About the City of Altamonte Springs:Altamonte Springs is a city born of innovation, fiscal responsibility and progressive ideas. The City is completely debt free and maintains one of the lowest tax rates in Florida. City leadership, staff, residents and local businesses share a vision of making Altamonte Springs the best place in Florida to live, work, raise a family, earn a degree, seek medical care, build a business and more. Few locations in the state offer the robust services Altamonte Springs provides at such a low cost. From forward-thinking projects and proactive initiatives to an evolving business climate and environmentally-
The City has a perfect blend of community spirit and bustling activities that help create a wholesome environment for residents and visitors alike. Residential tree-lined streets and beautiful, natural parks reflect the charming and unique character of what locals call home. Not to mention, the City's robust events program is the most exciting in the region; all generously funded by the area's corporate sponsors. Hosting more than one million visitors each year, Altamonte Springs' programs infuse into the community a sense of excitement and entertainment, while enriching its diverse social fabric.
Will Wellons Eileen Eazsol
Wellons Communications Wellons Communications
(407) 339-0879 office (407) 339-0879 office
(407) 462-2718 cell (561) 568-6871 cell