Chicago's Leading Private Elementary School Offers Various Kids' Summer Programs
East Lake Academy, the Chicago area's leading private elementary school, provides a variety of summer programs designed to keep young children engaged and develop their love of learning all year long.
Seraphim A Classes
The Seraphim A group is comprised of the youngest East Lake Academy students, and it offers up a wide variety of fun and learning from June 25 through August 3. Courses include the following:
- Reading and Writing for Fun – In this fun class, kids will hone their reading and writing skills in a unique and creative environment.
- Gardening – Kids love it when their hard work pays off, and for younger children, watching a plant grow into something edible or blooming is like magic. This gardening course will teach little ones the basics of planting, watering, and care.
- Math Monsters – With this fun approach to mathematics, children can laugh and enjoy their friends while learning.
- Dinosaurs – This course takes a look into the dinosaurs that once roamed the earth, and it's packed with activities to keep your little ones entertained.
- St. Joseph's Workshop – Children can learn about the role of Joseph in Jesus' life and how many of Joseph's actions in the bible are still applicable today.
- Colors of the Rainbow – Finally, children can explore a variety of colors and use them creatively as they put together unique works of art.
Seraphim B Classes
The Seraphim B group, on the other hand, is designed with older children in mind. It is designed to keep them entertained but engaged and teach through activity and fun. Courses for older children include:
- Chess – Kids can learn how to play the classic board game enjoyed around the world. The course focuses on rules and simple strategy, as well.
- Roald Dahl – The famed British novelists works will come to life in this exciting course. His books included the famed Matilda series, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and James and the Giant Peach.
- Mythbusters – It's all about science in the Mythbusters course. Kids will get to put things to the test in their own fun (and safe) experiments.
- The Joy of Art – Learning more about art is a great way to spur creativity, and that's exactly what this course will do.
- Research and Write – Kids will be encouraged to research a topic they enjoy, then write about it and present it to others.
- Boggling Math Puzzles – Finally, this course pushes the boundaries with mathematics and incorporates some interesting facts and puzzles.
To learn more about East Lake Academy's Seraphim summer classes, call (847) 247-0035 or fill out the contact form on their website. For more information please visit - http://eastlakeacademy.org/
About the Company: East Lake Academy, located in Lake Forest, Illinois, is a private Christian elementary school serving students from preschool through eighth grade. With a faith-based approach to learning, East Lake Academy will reinforce the Christian values important to you at home during the school day. Since 2002, the school has lived up to its mission for assisting kids in their academic, characteristic, apostolic, and faith formation.
East Lake Academy