China Updates Knitted Jeanswear Standard – FZ/T 73032-2017
China implemented the 2017 version of its knitted jeanswear industry standard - FZ/T 73032 - on April 1, 2018.
The industry standard applies to knitted jeanswear but does not cover clothing for children aged 36 months or less.
• Revision of the scope of the standard, the judgement of fiber content, and the test method for seam strength of trouser back rise
• Adjustments to the technical requirements for bursting strength, dimensional change after washing, spirality after washing and specification difference in symmetrical position
• Addition of the technical requirements and test methods for pilling, colorfastness to washing, abrasion resistance and appearance quality after washing
• Addition of the calculated formula for dimensional change after washing
• Addition of an example of measurement points for jeanswear dresses for before and after washing and appearance quality
• Deletion of the requirements for colorfastness to saliva
• Refinement of the rule for the rating of surface defects
The latest edition of the standard includes tests for fiber content, formaldehyde content, pH value, decomposable carcinogenic arylamine dyes, odor, bursting strength, seam strength of trouser back rise, dimensional change after washing, spirality after washing, pilling, colorfastness to water, perspiration, washing, dry rubbing, and light, abrasion resistance and appearance quality after washing.
Stakeholders are now advised to check their products against the latest version of FZ/T 73032-2017. For more information, contact SGS directly.
SGS Softlines Services
SGS has a worldwide network of over 40 state-of-the-
For further information contact:
Consumer and Retail — Softlines
US & Canada Softlines Business Head
Tel: +1 973 461 7919
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 95,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,400 offices and laboratories around the world.