News By Tag
News By Place
Nissan "Honks" for Safety & Savings
Mathews Nissan: Save Thousands On Rogue & Titan.... 0% APR on Select Models / 2017 Altima S $229 mo. Unbelievable!!!
By: A3 Marketing • Steve G
New Technology Takes the stress and hassle out of maintaining correct tire pressure; eliminates guesswork when filling tires with a honk to tell drivers when to stop filling the tire with air
• Low tire inflation presents a safety risk for drivers, and costs drivers money due to reduced fuel economy and premature tire wear
• Nissan has sold a "honking" 5.3-million vehicles with its industry-first Easy-Fill Tire Alert technology in the U.S.
• The feature is standard on Nissan's most popular models, including the best-selling Nissan Rogue and all-electric Nissan LEAF
With gas prices rising and the summer road trip season here, properly inflated vehicle tires are a must. Nissan's Easy-Fill Tire Alert feature relieves the pressure of worrying about perfectly inflated tires.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), four out of five consumers are driving with improperly inflated tires – too much or too little air pressure. With properly inflated tires, those consumers could save as much as 11 cents per gallon on fuel and extend the life of a tire by 4,700 miles.
In the U.S., Nissan has sold more than 5.3-million vehicles with the brand's exclusive Easy-Fill Tire Alert Technology - about 21 million tires. As demonstrated in a recent video comparison, the feature allows underinflated tires to be filled to the recommended pressure in about half the time compared to using a traditional tire gauge.
"Ensuring your tires are inflated to the correct pressure is one very simple step consumers can take to help make their vehicles safer, especially with the start of summer road trips," said Sarah Cardinali, senior manager, Product Safety, Nissan North America. "Nissan's Easy-Fill Tire Alert takes the guesswork out of filling tires and makes simple vehicle maintenance less intimidating for the average driver."
Standard tire pressure monitoring systems alert drivers when tire pressure is low. However, Nissan's easy-to-use Easy-Fill Tire Alert helps consumers quickly and conveniently fill their tires to the correct pressures every time without the need for a handheld pressure device or looking up the correct tire pressure numbers.
How it works:
• Park the vehicle in a safe location and apply the parking brake
• Put the vehicle in park (automatic transmission)
• Once air starts filling the tire, the exterior lights begin to flash to indicate Easy-Fill Tire Alert is monitoring the change in air pressure
• When the correct tire pressure is reached, the vehicle horn will sound
• If the tire is over-inflated, the horn sounds again and the hazard indicators flash three times, signaling the need to release some air
About Nissan North America
In North America, Nissan's operations include automotive styling, engineering, consumer and corporate financing, sales and marketing, distribution and manufacturing. Nissan is dedicated to improving the environment under the Nissan Green Program and has been recognized annually by the U.S Environmental Protection Agency as an ENERGY STAR® Partner of the Year since 2010
About Mathews Nissan
Mathews Nissan is committed to providing the Best Customer Care for All Our Nissan Family, including our own customized Fuel Center and Maintenance Excellence.
Mathews Nissan is an AWARD WINNING dealership in Clarksville for new and pre-owned Nissan vehicles, thanks to our quality automobiles, low prices, and superior sales staff. Come and See Us and View All Inventory_ Pre-Qualify for Finance_ Military Discounts and Military Pay NO TAX
185 Highway 76
Clarksville, TN 37043