- June 15, 2018
-- Often individuals do not recognize that their stress is too severe and unfortunately believe they are not good enough or are falling behind. Today's blog has five techniques, which can aid in the management of stress and helps to clarify where one should draw the line when it comes to stressful situations.
- Indulge in physical activity. You can only take care of others after you have taken care of yourself. Being physically active is just one of those actions the body, mind, and soul will always be thankful for. Obviously, there are countless reasons one should be active for their physical health aspect but as discussed in our previous blog, being active can do wonders for mental health. Taking an hour out of the day to see a physiotherapist or to go for a workout at the gym is a great way to keep the mind busy and in check.
- Try relaxation techniques. Meditation, journaling and scheduling 'me' time are just a few ways an individual can improve their mental wellness. In heightened episodes of stress, it is important to put all actions into perspective and relaxation techniques often can aid people with that process. Tip: create a posture or mantra that you can repeat in times of stress for reassurance.
- Manage your time. Although this sounds like a given, many individuals either to choose to neglect to schedule or are doing it incorrectly. Know what you are capable of, meet your goals, and give yourself the time to recuperate.
- Learn to say 'no'. Turning down an opportunity does not make someone incapable or lazy. Life is full of enough stress and if one more project will add to the misery, then why take it on? There is no need to take on every task under the sun. Focus on the priorities, make those tasks your pride and joy, and be kind to yourself.
- Get more sleep. An essential item to well being, productivity, and sanity is sleep. Most of those reading this might say that stress is the reason why they can't sleep. So to that, we recommend practicing the previous tips, one through four repeatedly until your face hitting the pillow sounds like a magnificent idea.
Unsure if your stress is healthy stress or need help with stress management? Visit MedRehab Group, one of the best physiotherapy clinics
in the GTA providing acupuncture, back pain treatment
, shockwave therapy
, chiropractic care
and massage therapy