10 Ways To Improve Your Dental Health
The Dental Salon of Long Beach celebrates Oral Health Month for June
By: The Dental Salon Long Beach
To further assist you with improving your dental hygiene, listed below are 10 ways you can improve your dental health.
Most of the 10 steps can be implemented right now from your home, isn't that exciting? And can be fun for both children and their parents.
1. Teeth Cleaning. Brush your teeth to protect from infection or abscess be sure to brush your teeth after every meal, especially after eating sweets, for at least two minutes and at least twice a day.
2. Remember to floss.Flossing eliminates bacteria that are the root cause of plaque. Plaque if left undisturbed on your teeth will harden into tartar which cannot be removed via everyday brushing and flossing
3. Make a dentist appointment to see a dentist today, for a consult.
4. Be sure to check your gums! Your teeth aren't the only important things in your mouth, your gums are just as important. And gum disease is more common than most people realize.
5. Rinsing.Is important to rinse your mouth after you brush them and after you eat (if you are unable to brush)
6. A balanced diet and regular dental visits can help reduce your risk of growing dental bacteria, which could cause a number of infections and oral diseases.
7. Get some sun! In particular, get more Vitamin D – which you can get from supplements or introduction to the sun. Both Vitamin D and calcium help keep teeth and gums solid.
8. Avoid bad habits. Bad habits can hurt your teeth too, some bad habits include (but are not limited to): nail biting, chewing ice, grinding your teeth, brushing way too hard, smoking or chewing tobacco, using your teeth to open or brake things, etc.
9. Clean the surface of your tongue every day, either with your toothbrush or with a tongue cleaner. Plaque and microbes can accumulate on, around, and under your tongue as well. Properly caring for your tongue will likewise help counteract terrible breath!
10. Change your toothbrush regularly. Toothbrushes, after time, can end up worn and frayed. When this happens, it's a good idea to trade your old worn-down toothbrush for a shining new one. Otherwise, the benefits of brushing are NOT fully achieved.
11. Also , and the frayed toothbrush can harm your gums.
The Dental Salon of Long Beach
1711 Atlantic Ave, Long Beach, CA 90813