News By Tag
News By Location
New Speakers from Roche and Imperial College London Announced for SMi's ADMET Event
SMi Group Reports: With less than 4 weeks left until the 13th annual ADMET Conference commences in London, SMi announces two new speakers joining the event.
One of the latest expert speakers to join the highly-anticipated event is Neil Parrott, Scientist in Modelling and Simulation, Pharmaceutical Research, Roche Pharma Research and Early Development, Roche, who will be speaking on day two of the conference.
Neil works in the preclinical Modelling and Simulation group, part of the Pharmaceutical Sciences department of Roche Pharmaceutical Research and Early Development in Basel, Switzerland. He specializes in physiologically-
Neil's presentation "In vitro and In silico tools to predict food-drug interactions"
· How pharmacokinetics of drugs can be affected by the physiological changes induced by a meal and how food-effect bioavailability studies are needed to support new drug applications
· How the food effect is determined by a compound's properties and physiologically based pharmacokinetic (PBPK) absorption models integrating drug-specific data are useful predictive tools.
· Regulators currently lack confidence in food effect predictions and cross industry alignment on best practice is needed to support wider confidence.
· A case study which will illustrate preclinical and clinical impact for a Roche molecule.
Dr Marie Therese Rached, Post-doctoral training fellow, Molecular Pathology and Cancer Therapeutics, The Institute for Cancer Research and Imperial College London, will also be joining this year's conference and presenting her expertise on breast cancer on day one of the conference.
Marie Therese Rached obtained her PhD in metabolic signalling from Imperial College London. She is currently a senior postdoc investigating signalling pathways in breast cancer within a multidisciplinary team at the Molecular Pathology and Cancer Therapeutics departments, ICR, Imperial College London.
Marie's presentation "An Introduction to Breast Cancer- From Basic Science to Novel Therapies" will explore:
· The biology of breast cancer
· Breast cancer models
· Signalling pathways and drug discovery
· Computational biology and drug discovery
As the event enters its 13th year, attendees can expect an unrivalled opportunity to hear exclusive updates on case studies, as well as the experience and findings of scientific pioneers and industry leaders who will be exploring the optimisation of ADMET modelling techniques, preclinical DMPK applications and development of biopharmaceuticals.
Download the latest brochure, plus more exclusive free content including speaker interviews, and register online.
Interested in sponsoring, exhibiting or speaking at this event?
Contact Alia Malick, Director, on +44 (0) 20 827 6168 or email amalick@smi-
For media enquiries, contact Simi Sapal on +44 (0) 20 7827 6162 or firstname.lastname@example.org
9th – 10th July 2018
Holiday Inn Kensington Forum, London, UK
Follow us @SMiPharm
---- END ----
About SMi Group: Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-