Pushing Boundaries for CPUs and GPUs, AMD Shows NextGeneration of Ryzen, Radeon and EPYC Product Lea
— 7nm Radeon™ "Vega" professional/datacenter graphics and 12nm 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ processors demonstrated —
"At Computex 2018 we demonstrated how the strongest CPU and GPU product portfolio in the industry gets even stronger in the coming months," said AMD President and CEO Dr. Lisa Su (https://www.amd.com/
Client Compute Update
• AMD delivered the first public demonstration of 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper processors—the second AMD 12nm product family—featuring up to 32 cores and 64 threads. 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper processors are scheduled to launch in Q3 2018 with outstanding performance expected in rendering, post production, and encoding workloads.
• AMD showcased its broadest portfolio of premium notebook and desktop systems from global OEM partners powered by Ryzen APUs, 2nd Gen Ryzen desktop processors, and Radeon graphics. Newly introduced systems from partners include:
• Acer Predator Helios 500 notebook, Predator Orion 5000 desktop and Nitro 50 gaming desktop
• ASUS VivoBook X505ZA and X570ZD notebooks
• Dell's latest Inspiron series including Inspiron 13" 7000 2-in-1, Inspiron 15" 5000 notebooks and Inspiron 7000 gaming desktop
• HP Envy x360 13" and Envy x360 15" notebooks
• Huawei MateBook D 14" notebook
• Lenovo Yoga 530, IdeaPad 530S, 330S and 330 notebooks
• AMD also continued to expand and improve upon the AM4 desktop ecosystem for Ryzen desktop processors with the announcement of AMD B450 chipset-based motherboards. Optimized for 2nd generation Ryzen desktop processors, B450 chipsets, designed to offer a superb balance of features, performance, and value, will be available from partners including ASRock, ASUS, Biostar, Gigabyte, and MSI.
Graphics and Gaming Update
• AMD showcased the first public demonstration of its Radeon Vega GPU based on 7nm process technology built specifically for professional/
• AMD announced that 7nm Radeon "Vega" architecture-
• AMD also revealed:
• Radeon™ RX Vega56 "nano" graphics card from PowerColor that enables small form factor enthusiast gaming performance,
• the latest Radeon FreeSync™ technology adoption with Samsung's 80" QLED TV for tear free and smooth gameplay directly from a Radeon™ RX graphics card equipped PC or with an Microsoft Xbox One™ S or Xbox One™ X console,
• Freesync support with HDR now available in Ubisoft's recently launched and popular AAA game Far Cry® 5.
AMD announced growth in its EPYC processor engagements including:
• The company's first ever Cisco UCS server engagement in Cisco's highest density offering ever with 128% more cores, 50% more servers, and 20% more storage per rack .
• The all new HPE ProLiant DL325 Gen10 one socket server for virtualization and software-defined storage applications with up to 27% lower cost per virtual machine than the leading two-socket competitor.
• Immediate availability of the EPYC based SA1 Tencent Cloud Service
• The next generation 7nm EPYC processor, codenamed "Rome" and featuring Zen2 architecture, is now running in AMD labs and will begin sampling to customers in the second half of this year, ahead of launch in 2019.
"Acer is excited to partner with AMD on the Predator Helios 500 gaming notebook featuring 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen 7 processors, Radeon RX Vega56 graphics, and a built in 17.3-inch display supporting Radeon FreeSync," said Jerry Hou, General Manager, Consumer Notebooks, IT Products Business, Acer Inc. "It's a gaming beast that offers superior desktop-class gaming performance in a notebook, built for graphic-intensive AAA titles."
"ASUS is dedicated to delivering the most innovative hardware for gamers of all levels," said Marcel Campos, ASUS Global PC & Phone Marketing Senior Director. "We're excited to announce the new ASUS X570ZD, the first laptop in the world to pair AMD's Ryzen mobile processors with NVIDIA GTX 1050 graphics for gaming on the go. If it's productivity you're after, the ASUS X505ZA laptop is powered by a choice of AMD Ryzen mobile processors with Radeon Vega Graphics to give you the performance you need."
"Dell is excited to continue implementing AMD's Ryzen and Radeon solutions across a variety of products, including the latest Inspiron notebooks (https://blog.dell.com/
"HP's focus on design and engineering is delivering uncompromised style, performance and versatility to our customers," said Kevin Frost, vice president and general manager, consumer PCs, HP Inc. "And we are delivering unrivaled premium PC experiences on the latest AMD Ryzen mobile processors, including the HP ENVY x360 13 – the first 13-inch convertible with the AMD Ryzen™ Processor with Radeon™ Vega Graphics and the HP ENVY x360 15 for incredible multi-tasking performance."
The Gap Agency
Page Updated Last on: Jun 07, 2018