US trade in goods with Mexico in 2017
The report on US foreign trade in goods with Mexico in 2017: exports, imports, balance, product types and groups, dynamics.
US exports to Mexico in 2017 totaled $242,988.6 million, up 5.21% ($12,029.5 million) from 2016.
US imports from Mexico in 2017 totaled $316,982.1 million, up 6.78% ($20,123.9 million) from 2016.
US trade deficit with Mexico in 2017 was $73,993.5 million, a 12.28% increase ($8,094.4 million) over 2016.
Mexico was the US 3rd largest trading partner in 2017 (just as in 2016), accounting for 14.1605% of US total trade (down from 14.2544% in 2016).
Mexico was the US 2nd largest export market in 2017 (just as in 2016), accounting for 15.7165% of US total exports (down from 15.8935% in 2016).
Mexico was the US 2nd largest supplier in 2017 (just as in 2016), accounting for 13.1615% of US total imports (down from 13.1957% in 2016).
The major share of US exports to Mexico in 2017 (and in 2016) was accounted for the following product types:
• Machinery, equipment and vehicles (HS codes 84-90) - 48.14% of US total exports to Mexico (49.96% in 2016);
• Chemical products (HS codes 28-40) - 14.71% of US total exports to Mexico (14.52% in 2016);
• Mineral products (HS codes 25-27) - 11.33% of US total exports to Mexico (9.65% in 2016).
The largest gains in US imports from Mexico in 2017 over 2016 were recorded for the following product groups:
• Vehicles other than railway or tramway rolling stock, and parts and accessories thereof (HS code 87) - an increase of $8,886.4 million;
• Nuclear reactors, boilers, machinery and mechanical appliances; parts thereof (HS code 84) - an increase of $3,284.2 million;
• Mineral fuels, mineral oils and products of their distillation;
The full report is available here: http://us-export-
For more information on US international trade, please go to: http://us-export-