Spice Up Your Summer With Recipes for Barbecues, Beach Days and Parties from Hampton Farms
By: The Brandon Agency
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches
Cool off from the summer heat with mouthwatering ice cream sandwiched between two delicious peanut butter cookies. This snack is the perfect escape from the summer heat during barbecues and beach days.
• 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• Pinch of salt
• 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 cup of Hampton Farms Smooth Organic Peanut Butter
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 3 cups chocolate or strawberry ice cream, or a combination, softened
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
Step 2: Sift flour, baking soda and salt together. Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter and sugar together until light, about 2 minutes. Add egg; mix well. Beat in Hampton Farms Organic Peanut Butter and vanilla. Beat flour mixture into butter mixture.
Step 3: Roll dough into 1 1/2-inch balls; place 2 inches apart on sheets. Flatten with a fork in a crisscross design. Bake until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes; transfer to a rack to cool.
Step 4: Place 1 scoop of ice cream on a cookie, top with another cookie and carefully press down. Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze. Repeat with remaining cookies and ice cream. Freeze for 45 minutes; serve.
Southern Boiled Peanuts
Southern boiled peanuts are the perfect addition to any party or baseball game. Use Hampton Farms Raw In-shell Peanuts for this easy recipe that will leave your guests coming back for a second helping between innings.
• Wash and place in-shell peanuts in large pot.
• Submerge in brine with one cup of salt for each gallon of water. Use twice as much water as peanuts.
• Add your favorite spice seasoning. Pro tip: To make the peanuts spicy, use two tablespoons of Cajun seasoning, ½ cup of jalapenos, and red pepper flakes to taste.
• Place a weighted plate on peanuts to submerge for at least eight hours.
• Remove weighted plate.
• Bring mixture to a boil, adding water as needed to cover peanuts.
• Reduce heat, simmer, and cook for four hours.
• Test for taste and texture.
• For softer peanuts, add to cooking time in 15-minute increments.
• Drain and enjoy!
"It is our steadfastmission to deliver the best quality peanuts from seed to shelf so you can truly taste the difference when you cook with our products," said Dallas Barnes, president of Hampton Farmsand grandson of the original founder George Barnes. "Summer is the perfect time to try new dishes, and our peanuts are a great place to start."
Local farmers harvest all Hampton Farms peanuts in the United States. Hampton Farms is committed to quality and freshness. Our all-natural products can be purchased online at HamptonFarms.com or in the fresh produce section of your grocery store, next to the fruits and vegetables.
For more recipes, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Severn Peanut Company
Founded in 1946, Severn Peanut Company, a division of Meherrin Agriculture, produces great-tasting products including in-shell Virginia and Valencia peanuts, shelled peanuts and tree nut snacks, and nut butters. Products are marketed under the brand name Hampton Farms and frequently merchandised with other FRESH foods in the produce department of supermarkets. Severn Peanut has a full shelling operation, bringing raw, farmer-stock peanuts directly from farmers to shelling facilities in North Carolina and New Mexico. The company currently roasts and packages in facilities in North Carolina, Virginia, Massachusetts, Texas and New Mexico, producing goods for retailers, stadiums, restaurants and other food manufacturers. The company is the market leader of the in-shell peanut category with its Hampton Farms brand, which is sold across the United States and Canada.
Erin Heaney, firstname.lastname@example.org, (843) 995-1322
Jake Freedman, email@example.com, (843) 916-2000