News By Tag
News By Place
Duke, Tennant, Wood Q&A's Highlight Wizard World Comic Con Des Moines Programming
James Marsters, Gregg Sulkin, 'Supernatural' Q&A's, Anime Voice Actors, Creator Panels, Costume Contests, Cosplay Sessions All Weekend Long At Iowa Events Center, Friday Through Sunday, June 1-3
Some highlights of the more than 50 hours of panels scheduled include:
• Interactive Q&As with Duke (Saturday, 1 p.m.), Butch Patrick ("The Munsters," Saturday, 1 p.m.), Marsters (Saturday, 2 p.m.), Sulkin (Saturday, 3 p.m.), Tennant (Saturday, 4 p.m.), Wood (Saturday, 5 p.m.), Charisma Carpenter ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer," Sunday, noon) and Matt Ryan ("Constantine,"
• Group session with "Supernatural's"
• Disney Trivia panel with Walt Before Mickey star Thomas Ian Nicholas (Rookie of the Year, Saturday, 2 p.m.)
• Creator-themed hours featuring industry superstars Phil Ortiz ("The Simpsons"), Josh Lyman (Wiz-Art), Mike Watson (Freestyle Komics), Mostafa Moussa (" Superman," "Fantastic Four"), Phil Hester ("Swamp Thing," "The Coffin"), Tom Cook ("Masters of the Universe," "Smurfs"), Chad Hardin ("Harley Quinn," "Justice League"), Clinton Hobart (Licensed Disney fine artist) and more
• Voice Actors panel featuring "Dragon Ball" stars Tiffany Vollmer ("Bulma"), Mike McFarland ("Master Roshi") and Colleen Clickenbeard ("Gohan," "Android 18"," Saturday, 4 p.m.). There is also an Anime VIP only Meet-and-greet with all three! (Saturday, 5:30 p.m.)
• Fan-based panels on subjects ranging from Comic Shop talk, DC Films, self promotion, Marvel vs. DC, self publishing, storytelling, Iowa Haunted Houses, YouTube and more
• Kids programming all three days, including story time, face painting, puppet shows, dance parties, magic, learn to draw, (and Kids 10 and under are free every day with paid adult)
• World-famous Wizard World Comic Con Adult Costume Contest, Saturday at 7 p.m. and Kids Costume Contests on Saturday and Sunday at 2 p.m.
• Cosplay with special guests Princess Morgan, Alkali Layke, Captain K, Mogchelle, Hannah Éva, Baroness Von T and more, throughout the weekend
• Cosplay and Industry Workshops (Resin Casting, Pokémon, Sculpting, Worbla, Wiz Art, Fabrication)
Unless noted, programming events take place in the designated General Programming Rooms or show floor stages at the convention center. VIP tickets or additional costs may apply to ensure access to select activities, as noted.
A full list of Wizard World Comic Con Des Moines programming is available at http://wizardworld.com/
Wizard World Comic Con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. The sixth event scheduled on the 2018 Wizard World calendar, Des Moines show hours are Friday, June 1, 4-9 p.m.; Saturday, June 2, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, June 3, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World Comic Con Des Moines is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.
For more on the 2018 Wizard World Des Moines, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/
About Wizard World (OTCBB:WIZD)
Wizard World, Inc. (www.wizardworld.com) produces comic, gaming and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, tech, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. A first-class lineup of topical programming and entertainment takes place at each event, with celebrity Q&A's, comics-themed sessions, costume contests, movie screenings, evening parties and more. Wizard World has also teamed with Sony Pictures Entertainment to find the next generation of movies as well as to engage in a number of strategic initiatives. Additional initiatives may include an augmented touring schedule of Wizard World shows, fixed-site installations, curated e-commerce, and the production and distribution of content both in the U.S. and internationally. Fans can interact with Wizard World at www.wizardworld.com and on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media services.
Page Updated Last on: May 29, 2018