The Nature's Bounty Foundation Grants $25,000 to EAC Network
"EAC Network is thrilled to partner with the Nature's Bounty Foundation to jointly launch the Nature's Bounty of Wellness program initiative, which enables us to focus on interactive nutrition and wellness education," said Sue Fragale, Director of Community Engagement & Partnerships at EAC Network. "We are deeply grateful to the Nature's Bounty Foundation for its commitment to closing the gap of wellness awareness, education, and nutrition practices among low-income and underserved populations. In addition to helping these populations, Nature's Bounty is also paving the way for our communities-
"Nature's Bounty of Wellness" will launch at four of EAC Network's Suffolk County office locations in Ronkonkoma, Hauppauge, and two in Central Islip. EAC Network staff at these locations directly interact with over 5,000 clients across the organization's program portfolio, including:
• the Suffolk County Child Advocacy Center at the Pat & Mary Bagnato Place for Kids (CAC), which reduces the trauma of child sexual/physical abuse or neglect and promotes the coordinated prosecution of offenders
• Supervised Visitation (SV), which provides safe and neutral settings for non-custodial parents to visit with their children
• Safe Start, which improves the safety of all occupants riding in motor vehicles
• the Long Island Parenting Institute (LIPI), which enhances outcomes for children by strengthening families and empowering mothers and fathers to become confident and effective parents
• Alternatives for Youth (AFY), which diverts youth from the juvenile justice system and improves family functioning by providing home-based crisis intervention and community resources
• and Chance to Advance, which reduces risk factors for youth in foster care by promoting life skills and enrichment through one-on-one mentoring and group activities.
"Wellness is so much more than nutrition—it is about quality of life, and programs like these are a tremendous support to individuals in our communities who need assistance,"
A Wellness Team comprised of staff Wellness Coordinators will be trained in wellness education so they can help their clients make better, practical, and affordable eating and healthy lifestyle choices that can lead to the development of long-term, healthy habits to ultimately enhance their daily lives.
"We are eager to train our staff in a comprehensive health and wellness curriculum to expand our ability to help our clients long-term," said Lance W. Elder, President & CEO at EAC Network. "Presenting on topics such as shopping for healthy foods on a budget, stress management, smoking cessation, and achieving a healthy weight is vital to enhance our clients' ability to make healthy choices that benefit them for life."
* * *
About EAC Network
EAC Network is a diverse not-for-profit human service agency that empowers, assists, and cares for over 82,000 children, families, and seniors in crisis across Long Island and New York City. Among those we help are children who have been abused or who are in foster care, people struggling with addiction or mental illness, vulnerable seniors, individuals seeking gainful employment, and more. For more information, visit us at www.eac-network.org, call (516) 539-0150, or find us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at @EACNet.
About Nature's Bounty
The Nature's Bounty Co. has a history of championing health and wellness tracing back more than 70 years. Putting science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business, the brands of The Nature's Bounty Co. are some of the most trusted in the world. Always motivated by our commitment to excellence, our vision for health and wellness has inspired leading brands such as Nature's Bounty, Sundown Naturals, Solgar, Osteo Bi-Flex, Ester-C, MET-Rx, Pure Protein, The Best Bar Ever, Balance, Body Fortress, Puritan's Pride and Organic Doctor, among others. As a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition and ethical beauty products, The Nature's Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. For more information, please visit www.NaturesBountyCo.com.
Alena Jones, Director of Development & Marketing