News By Tag
News By Location
Views of young Christians about faith and politics
The majority of respondents (70%) indicated their faith was 'somewhat' to 'very outreach oriented' with only 19% saying it was private. Almost 80% 'somewhat agreed' to 'strongly agreed' that their country was founded on Christian morality and ethics. Further, over 92% noted it was important to maintain Christian morals and ethics in society.
Regarding the current American president, Donald Trump, 63% 'somewhat' to 'strongly agreed' he was supportive to Christianity and the church, while 22% disagreed.
Respondents indicated the best way to be engaged in world affairs was to spread the gospel and support foreign missions (65% each) as well as keep informed of Christian mission related news (60%) and helping the government keep order in society (53%).
Participants believed that Christianity was the most persecuted religion in the world (57%) followed by Islam (20%) with 21% being unsure.
Wellbeing scores were generally good (4.6 average on a scale of 0-6 with 6 being best) and consistent with our past research. When wellbeing scores were compared among all individual questions, those who were in agreement to the questions below had better wellbeing (P ≤ 0.017):
· The church is engaged in a battle with evil forces both in your country and abroad.
· Believers should elect leaders and appoint judges who will protect the Christian faith and stand for traditional biblical values.
· Believers should maintain Christian morals and ethics in society.
· The current American president is supportive to Christianity and the church.
· Christians should biblically engage in world affairs, especially by spreading the Gospel and participation in foreign mission trips were most frequently chosen as the way to be involved.
In summary, young Christians recognize the importance of engagement in world affairs associated with Christian issues and are supportive efforts of President Trump and his administration to the church. Further, they believe in maintaining the moral and ethical out working of Christianity in society. Such beliefs appear to benefit their personal wellbeing.
All the findings of the survey can be found here (https://www.surveymonkey.com/
About Teleios - Teleios is a non-profit foundation that seeks to demonstrate the truth of Scripture and the Christian faith through the scientific method by providing evidence for the positive results of a biblically-based lifestyle. Prior studies conducted by Teleios have shown that the practice of the Christian faith (praise, prayer, fellowship, service and Bible study) and security of salvation increases well-being while reducing guilt.