Introducing The Kawagoe Discount Pass Premium
Use this pass to explore Kawagoe, a charming, well preserved "Little Edo" former merchant town in Saitama Prefecture, just half-an-hour north of Tokyo, along the Tobu Tojo Railway line from Ikebukuro Station.
By: Tobu Railway Group Ltd
The Kawagoe Discount Pass Premium makes exploring easy. It covers:
● Round-trip train travel between Tobu Tojo Line's Ikebukuro Station and Kawagoe or Kawagoe-shi Station.
● Unlimited rides on the Koedo Loop "Hop-on, Hop-off" buses that connect tourist sites such as Kawagoe Hikawa Shrine and the Warehouse District to Kawagoe Station.
● Discounts at Ten Facilities (http://www.tobujapantrip.com/
More About Kawagoe
Kawagoe's streetscape is designated as a Traditional Architectures Preservation District. It's Bell Tower, now a symbol of the city, its chimes were used to tell time in Edo days. The original bell tower was built 400 years ago. The current one is a rebuilt version from 1893, after the "Great Kawagoe Fire."
● The 370-year-old Kawagoe Festival (http://www.kawagoematsuri.jp/
● The 1500 year-old Kawagoe Hikawa Shrine (http://www.koedo.or.jp/
● A great way to experience both festivals, summer fireworks -- or anytime for a back-in-time feel, is to dress in yukata - a light cotton kimono! These can be rented at kimono shop: Vivian (http://www.tobujapantrip.com/
Sweet Potatoes are the local favorite, especially sweet potato chips served with salt and dip at Koedo Osatsu-An (463 yen + tax). There's also Imokoi, a confection containing sweet potato and smooth red bean paste, at Umon (167 yen+ tax). Another town delight is Kawagoe matcha green tea powder, which is used in Kawagoe Matcha Warabi-Mochi. A box set of this traditional firm jelly (250g) is available at Sawawa (500 yen + tax). Find all these near the popular CandyAlley (http://www.koedo.or.jp/
About Tobu Railways Co. LTD
TOBU Railway Group is a major Japanese corporate conglomerate consisting of approximately 90 companies. Tobu Railways covers the longest operating distance in the Kanto area, leading to numerous tourist attractions, including: Asakusa and TOKYO SKYTREE TOWN in Tokyo; Nikko and Kinugawa Onsen, famous as world heritage sites and natural hot springs; the Tatebayashi and Ashikaga areas, known for their blooming flower fields; and historic Kawagoe, where the atmosphere of the Edo era lives on.
For Images and Other Media Materials: Contact us or refer to: https://www.mynewsdesk.com/
Marian Goldberg Marketing Comm, in conjunction
with QBIC Factory Inc, on behalf of Tobu Railways