Celebrating 5 years of the Social Media Management Certificate program in RTP
- May 13, 2018
-- Martin Brossman and Karen Tiede are celebrating their 5th year teaching the Social Media Management Certificate program at NC State University Technology Training Solutions
. Recent graduate Whitney Hill says, "This class has set the standard for social media agency training in North Carolina!"
In this day & age, if you're in business, you're using social media to market your business. If you do it yourself, you know how much time it eats up in your workday. If you hire someone else to do it for you, you may not know if you're getting your money's worth. No matter how you choose to handle it, it's important that you understand how social media marketing actually works.That is exactly what participants get from this class, a clear understanding of which platforms work best for their unique situation, how to make use of those platforms, why it's okay to leave some platforms out of a plan, and ways to leverage social media tools to specific needs.
Who should take this program:
- People with added responsibility of marketing and existing marketing professionals who never received formal training in Social Media Marketing
- Adults with a background in marketing who want to upgrade their skills and marketability
- Students or recent graduates (often in marketing), who are still unemployed
Since 2006, Martin Brossman and Associates
has offered social media marketing training for businesses through books, keynote addresses & other talks on the subject and by providing comprehensive in-person classes such as these. Since 2013, when the first Social Media Management Certificate Program was taught at Central Carolina Community College, Pittsboro Campus, students have developed strategic social media marketing plans for their small businesses or non-profit organizations.
So far, over 200 participants have graduated, each with their own customized social media marketing approach for their unique situation, including: brewery, nightclub, church, veterinary practice, event planning business, alumni organization, local government office, health food store, family-run construction business, art business, organic farm, management consulting firm, eBay vendor, government agencies, marketing firms and freelancers.
In the spring of 2015, the Social Media Management Certificate Program moved to its current location, NC State University Technology Training Solutions (McKimmon Center, Raleigh, NC). In 52 hours of classroom time spread over 14 weeks, students learn how to become effective and efficient social media managers.
Here's what participants had to say about this Social Media Marketing Certification Program:
About the instructors:
- "I learned social media strategies and actionable developmental techniques that morph into successful social media tactics that we've melded with our traditional and new media, to continue amazingly successful and profitable marketing campaigns. Our 28-year ad and PR agency success is the blend of pioneering with the proven. Thank you Martin Brossman for being a pioneer." - Frank Timberlake, President, R F Timberlake & Company, Inc. - Marketing Communications
- "I have experienced that people are already talking about your business on social media. If you're not in that conversation, you're not in control of how your business is being represented. Thank you Martin Brossman, Karen Tiede, Holly A. Sullenger and all of the class assistants that have helped make the class be what it is today." - Andres Quintana
- "I took the class, it was great and I learned a whole bunch. It truly helped me make more money in my online business." - Paul Apollonia
- "Earning the SM Mgmt Certificate has opened many opportunities for me: I gained employment; I'm staying current on must-have marketing skills; I met & made some wonderful friends, colleagues & mentors! Thank you!!!" - Maria Tierney Williams
- This certification opened a door to blog for a client a few years ago. Still part of my income. ROI is off the charts. - Drew Becker
- "As a 2014 graduate of the Social Media Marketing Certification Program, I was the fortunate beneficiary of Martin Brossman and Karen Tiede's wealth of social media marketing knowledge and experience. Not only was the class engaging, relevant and practical, but the instructors provided up-to-date information in a fast-changing field. Thanks to their expertise, I graduated prepared to successfully launch my next career as a digital marketing consultant." - Jeanne Munoz
- Martin Brossman is a success coach, speaker, trainer and author who is committed to economic growth from the ground up. He has originated in-person and online networking groups, which have facilitated valuable connections between members. He incorporates social media marketing to accelerate growth for entrepreneurs, small businesses and micro businesses. Martin Brossman has written three book on Social Media, available on Amazon. To learn more about Martin just Google his name and you will find over 20,000 indexed pages of content and more than 10,000 followers on Social Media.
- Karen Tiede is a social media marketing consultant/trainer and a textile artist who has successfully applied social media to market her work. She is now teaching Marketing with Pinterest across NC and providing social media management services to her clients. Karen brings 15+ years of corporate experience to her work with professional, academic and small business organizing.
Learn more about the Social Media Management Certificate program http://mysocialmediamastery.com/
and see our youtube videos at http://bit.ly/smmcponyoutube
The Summer semester starts May 14, 2018 and registration is available here:https://learn.mckimmoncenter.ncsu.edu/search/publicCourseSearchDetails.do?method=load&courseId=5161809