News By Tag
News By Location
Improve Air Quality in Every Room
By: Superior Heating and Cooling Management, Inc
1. Don't allow smoking in your home or car. Children are especially sensitive to secondhand smoke, which can trigger asthma and other respiratory illnesses.
2. Dust and clean your home regularly.
3. Clean up mold and fix water leaks.
4. Control pests—close cracks and crevices and seal leaks.
5. Children are especially sensitive to secondhand smoke, which can trigger asthma and other respiratory illnesses.
Mold can lead to allergic reactions, asthma, and other respiratory ailments. Mold can grow anywhere there is moisture in a house. The key to mold control is moisture control.
If mold is a problem in your home, you should clean up the mold promptly and fix the water problem. It is important to dry water-damaged areas and items within 24-48 hours to prevent mold growth.
VOCs (volatile organic compounds) cause eye, nose, and throat irritation, headaches, nausea, and can damage the liver, kidney, and central nervous system. Volatile organic compounds are chemicals that evaporate at room temperature. VOCs are emitted by a wide array of products used in homes including paints and lacquers, paint strippers, varnishes, cleaning supplies, air fresheners, pesticides, building materials, and furnishings.
1. VOCs are released from products into the home both during use and while stored.
2. Read and follow all directions and warnings on common household products.
3. Make sure there is plenty of fresh air and ventilation (opening windows and using extra fans) when painting, remodeling, or using other products that may release VOCs.
4. Never mix products, such as household cleaners, unless directed to do so on the label.
5. Store household products that contain chemicals according to manufacturers' instructions. Keep all products away from children!
Superior Heating and Cooling Management, Inc
Recognized as the leader in residential Air Conditioning and Heating Company in Tampa Bay, Superior Heating and Cooling has been installing and servicing heating and cooling systems for residential customers throughout central and southwest Florida for over 25 years. Family owned and operated, they are BBB accredited and A+ rated.
To learn more visit https://www.superiorheatingandcooling.com/