Property experts share advice to first-time buyers and investors
The Property Buyer Show, taking place on the 21st and 22nd of April 2018, is an ideal platform for anyone looking to buy their first home or add to their property portfolio
By: The Property Buyer Show
The innovative exhibition is designed to walk buyers through the property buying process and allows visitors to meet with exhibitors, ask questions and browse properties. Visitors can also attend either the First-Time Buyer Theatre or the Property Investor Theatre and learn from industry experts, which is included in the ticket price of R80.
Some interesting topics include understanding the transfer process, how the drought has impacted the Western Cape's property market, the dos and don'ts of property investment and financial considerations when buying a property.
In the First-Time Buyer Theatre sponsored by Standard Bank
· 10:00 am – How to buy the property you are renting through an instalment sales agreement and get your foot onto the property ladder.
Presented by; Meyer de Waal, Attorney Realtor Hub
· 11:00 am – Government subsidies South African citizens earning less than R15,000 per month to help you buy your first home.
Presented by; Kahmiela August, Director of Affordable Housing, Department of Human Settlements Western Cape
· 12:00 pm - Financial considerations when buying your first home. Exploring the financial process of buying your first home and managing a bond.
Presented by; Standard Bank
· 13:00 pm - From property rookie to expert in no time – how to find the best house for you and make sure you are getting the best deal.
Presented by; Greg Crowder – Marketing Manager, Private Property
· 14:00 pm – Understanding the offer to purchase and transfer process, dodging the pitfalls and knowing your rights.
Presented by: Cilna Steyn, Managing Director, SSLR Inc
· 15:00 pm – 4 Essential tips for first-time home buyers. Where you'd like to live. Understanding your financial status. Understanding the initial and up-front costs. Use the available online tools.
Presented by; Lephoi Mokgatle, Head of Home Loans Digital, Nedbank
· 16:00 pm – Don't let your dream home become a nightmare – practical tips on what to look for when buying a home, and how the voetstoots clause and Consumer Protection Act affects you.
Presented by; John Graham, CEO, HouseCheck
In the Property Investor Theatre
· 10:00 am – How to become a property investor – the Dos and Don'ts. Buying your first investment property can be a daunting prospect, here's a practical guide with some of the dos and don'ts to help you on your way.
Presented by; Neale Petersen, Founder/Publisher, Real Estate Investor Magazine
· 11:00 am – What is the assessment criteria for bond applications for investment properties, how can you leverage existing assets to buy more property.
Presented by; Standard Bank
· 12:00 pm - Where are the Western Capes best performing investment hot-spots, and what has been the impact of the drought on the Western Cape's property market?
Presented by; Paul-Roux de Kock, Data and Analytics Director, Lightstone
· 13:00 pm - How to minimize property administration expenses and secure good tenants. Tips on how to creatively structure development projects.
Presented by; Warren Brusse, Property Developer, Investor & Coach
· 14:00 pm – How you can run a tax efficient property portfolio and manage tax on rental income and capital gains.
Presented by; Wessel Robertson, Director: Enderstein Van der Merwe Attorneys
· 15:00 pm – A Landlords guide for dealing with leases and problem tenants.Where does the landlord/tenant relationship usually break down, what can you do when it does?
Presented by; Danielle Kriel, Attorney: Danielle Kriel Attorney
· 16:00 pm – What's the best investment vehicle? Should you buy in your own name, through a company or in a trust?
With over 40 leading estate agents, developers and other property brands make sure you don't miss out on this experience to take your first/next step on the property ladder. Tickets available through Quicket or at the door.
Dates: 21 – 22 April 2018
Venue: CTICC Hall 6
Parking: Parking 5 at the CTICC
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/
Facebook event – www.facebook.com/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/
Tickets on sale at R80 pp - https://www.quicket.co.za/