News By Tag
News By Location
ATEN Improves Clarity and Simplifies Buildouts of Large Scale Displays and Video Walls
2018 Red Dot Design Award Winning 4K HDMI Over IP Extender Launches at NAB Show
By: ATEN Technology, Inc.
"We're honored to be awarded with a Red Dot Award for innovative product design for our 4K HDMI over IP Extender," said Holly Garcia, vice president of ATEN Technology, Inc. "The internationally recognized award further validates our continued focus on improving the user experience with all ATEN products, and our overall mission to provide our partners and the end customer with 'Simply Better Connections'."
ATEN's 4K HDMI over IP Extender addresses the challenges that system integrators encounter when implementing AV over IP systems, delivering visually lossless 4K AV signals with low latency over long distance via a local network of standard gigabit network switches. Key features include:
· Lightweight compression with ultra-low latency: delivers visually lossless high-quality video up to 4K @ 30 Hz 4:4:4. EDID Expert™ selects the optimum EDID settings for smooth power-up, high-quality display and video resolution across different screens.
· Limitless scalability and flexibility:
· No additional server PCs or software required: easy configuration supports web GUI for device management.
· Daisy chain up to 30 units: connects multiple displays through a single port to utilize every port of the network switch. No huge network switches and fewer cables needed.
· Video wall support: supports up to an 8x8 video wall (64 displays); supports horizontal or vertical (90° rotation) display orientation, and easily switches layout profiles, preview, and drag-and-drop video sources via intuitive web GUI.
· Multiple control channels: system can be managed via Ethernet or top-panel pushbuttons.
o USB connectivity – USB port (USB 2.0) allows for connection of devices, such as keyboard, mouse, flash drive, printer, and other USB peripherals.
o Bi-directional IR channel – IR transmission is processed one way at a time.
o RS-232 channel – bi-directional RS-232 serial port allows for connection of peripherals, such as touch screens and barcode scanners.
"The 4K HDMI over IP Extender is ideal for integrators needing to deliver video content to multiple displays or a video wall, with the flexibility to add displays or more video content in the future," said YT Liang, product manager at ATEN Technology, Inc. "With so many complex solutions and technology available for video distribution, ATEN offers integrators an easy to implement and configure solution, regardless of their IT knowledge or experience with a customer's network."
Pricing and Availability
The 4K HDMI over IP Extender solution includes the Receiver (VE8950R) (http://www.aten.com/
The solution will be showcased and demoed in ATEN's booth #SU946CM (upper South Hall) at NAB (April 7-12 in Las Vegas).
For more information, product features, and technical specifications, visit:
VE8950R (receiver): http://www.aten.com/
About The Red Dot Award:
Established in 1955, the Red Dot Award is one of the world's largest design competitions, with the Red Dot seal awarded to products that are convincing in terms of their high design quality. Criteria such as the level of innovation, functionality, formal quality, ergonomics, durability, and ecological compatibility provide a frame of reference during judging. The sought-after award has been the revered international seal of outstanding design quality. More information is available at www.red-dot.de.
About ATEN Technology, Inc.:
ATEN Technology, Inc. (http://www.aten.com/
A technology first company, ATEN's advanced ability to quickly develop customized solutions in KVM, Pro AV, PDU (http://www.aten.com/
Products, service names, and company logos mentioned herein may be the registered trademarks of their respective owners. All rights reserved.