New Edition of Landed Japan Guides Buyers Through the Complexities of Japanese Real Estate
Chapters From New Book to Appear on the Nikkei Real Estate Market Report Website
By: Dillon Communications
About 50% of Landed Japan (ISBN 978-988-14790-
"Japan has changed enormously since Landed: The guide to buying property in Japan was published in 2010," notes author Christopher Dillon. "In the wake of the Great East Japan Earthquake and Fukushima disaster, the real estate market has been reinvigorated by Abenomics and an influx of tourists and international buyers.The second edition of Landed Japan covers these changes and gives readers the key facts and insights they need to successfully buy, maintain, manage and renovate property."
The second edition of Landed Japan includes:
• Step-by-step instructions for buying new and pre-owned real estate in Japan
• Case studies about building and buying new homes and purchasing repossessed, income and recreational properties
• Introductions to the real estate markets in Hokkaido, Greater Tokyo, Nagoya, Kansai, Fukuoka and Okinawa
• Profiles of new infrastructure and development projects that can affect your property's value
• Explanations of how demographics, Abenomics, the Olympics and Airbnb are changing Japan's real estate market
• Information about Japan's finance, insurance and tax environments
• Guidance for managing Japan-specific risks, ranging from abandoned houses and asbestos to earthquakes and volcanoes
• Resources to help you build, buy, maintain, manage and renovate your property
• Extensive checklists for buyers
Six chapters from Landed Japan will appear on the website of the Nikkei Real Estate Market Report (NREMR), a magazine for large institutions investing in Japanese real estate. NREMR is published by Nikkei Business Publications, which is part of the Nikkei Group,one of the world's largest financial media companies.
Advance reviews of Landed Japan are positive. Nobuo Takenaka, chairman of Misawa Homes Co., Ltd., said "Landed Japan is an essential reference for anyone buying real estate in Japan… Even Japanese buyers can learn a lot from this book." Two foreigners who used the first edition to buy homes in Japan were impressed with the new book. "Read this book before you talk to a real estate agent," said Jay Bailey. Airbnb superhost Eric Anderson called Landed Japan "an indispensable resource."
About the author
Christopher Dillon is an award-winning writer and entrepreneur based in Hong Kong
In 2002, he bought and renovated a floor in an office building in Hong Kong's Central business district. Since then, he has purchased and refurbished a luxury apartment on the west side of Hong Kong Island and transformed a derelict steam laundry into a multimedia studio. He began investing in Japanese real estate in 2010 and has served on the management committee of a 210-unit apartment complex in Hong Kong since 2012.
That experience inspired four books: Landed Hong Kong (2008), Landed Japan (2010), Landed China (2013) and Landed Global—which includes case studies and data from more than 110 countries and territories—
A native of Canada, Dillon lived in Tokyo from 1989 to 1992. He appears regularly in the international media, as both a contributor and a guest.
About the book
Landed Japan (15×23 cm, softcover, 348 pages, ISBN 978-988-14790-