News By Tag
News By Location
Local Produce Program Connects Consumers to Their Farmer
Bringing back family dinner to Christian and Montgomery County residents
By: Giles Farms
"We're thrilled to have Giles Farms as a member that is helping connect our community with better access to local, fresh produce," said Robin Tabor of Christian County's Chamber of Commerce. "Their farm offers families in the southern end of the county an opportunity to get to know their farmer and food source while supporting a small farm."
The Giles Farms Fresh Produce program allows members to select the vegetables they want every Friday and Saturday at the farm. The farm grows the season's best mix of heirloom and traditional produce for members and their families based on what's in season that week. Each produce box, about a half bushel in size, includes generous portions of summertime favorites such as sweet corn and tomatoes, salad staples like lettuce, onions, radishes and cucumbers, and chefs' picks like herbs, okra, and other novelties to experiment with throughout the season for as little as $28 a week.
When a member joins the Fresh Produce Program they are:
• ● Eating the highest quality and freshest produce possible.
• ● Contributing to their community by making a commitment to support local food.
• ● Shopping smarter (and smaller) by helping support a family farm and keeping dollars close to home.
• ● Helping support local food banks as boxes not picked up will be donated to community food banks.
• Payment plans are available. To become a Giles Farms Fresh Produce member, visit www.gilesfarms.com
Giles Farms, a sixth generation family owned and operated farm in Christian County, Ky, has been providing the community with wholesome food and natural farm experiences since 1833. Learn more about the farm at: www.gilesfarms.com
Becky Giles Green