NJ Women Artists Spotlighted at Montclair Art Museum's Free First Thursday Night
Montclair Art Museum Offers Free Admission, Art Activities, Tours, Live Music, and a Full-Service Bar the First Thursday of the Month 5–9 p.m.; March Includes Slide Night Featuring Women Artists in partnership with Visual Arts Center of NJ
In March, MAM is pleased to partner on a Slide Night with the Visual Arts Center of NJ to celebrate Women's History Month. Distinguished curators from across the state have been invited to select a female living artist to spotlight. The curators will introduce the artists, who will each present a selection of their works. Participating curators include Anonda Bell, Director & Chief Curator of Paul Robeson Galleries; Jeanne Brasile, Director of the Wash Gallery at Seton Hall University; Kristen Evangelista, Director of William Paterson University Galleries; Henone Girma, Independent Curator; Donna Gustafson, Curator of American Art and Mellon Director for Academic Programs at Jane Voorhees Zimmerli Art Museum; Margaret O'Reilly, Executive Director, New Jersey State Museum; and Midori Yoshimoto, Gallery Director & Professor of Art History at New Jersey City University. Featured artists will be So Yoon Lym (http://www.soyoonlym.com/
Free First Thursday Night also presents a variety of art forms and invites visitors to get creative themselves!
· Get ready for St. Patrick's Day with live Irish music in the galleries, featuring Chroma, the musical trio L.E. McCullough, Amy Beshara, and Max Carmichael
· Take a tour of the special traveling exhibition Kay WalkingStick:
· Join the Yard School of Art for a Draw Along Workshop offering a free drawing session with a clothed model and guided art instruction for all ages.
· Meet community partners including Clean Water Action, Start Out Fresh Intervention Advocates (S.O.F.I.A.)
· New! Teen Space welcomes teens with a free open studio, 7–9 p.m.
· New! Capture the fun with an official MAM photo to share on social media.
The Free First Thursday Night bar offers a variety of drinks, including NJ Beer Co. beer, the exclusive beer of Free First Thursday Night. Museum members receive a discount on drinks at the bar. Guests can also grab a bite from featured food vendors including Empanada Guy and Thai Elephant food trucks.
Free First Thursday Nights take place the first Thursday of the month (October–June)