Dr. Helen Boehm Leads Parents Across The Digital Divide
Distinguished Psychologist Decodes Impact of Technology and Media on Our Families
By: Dr. Helen Boehm
Dr. Helen Boehm's new book, Parenting Across the Digital Divide: A National Conversation on the Impact of Technology and Media on Our Families, updates the discussion about parenting in the digital age and helps families navigate the opportunities and challenges of social media and the Internet.
"My purpose for writing Parenting Across the Digital Divide is to open a dialogue with family, friends and community members and gain a deeper understanding of the Internet and its effects on children and behavior," says Dr. Boehm. "I hope to shine a light on the impact of digital exposure to the modeling of pro-and anti-social behavior and the blurring of fantasy and reality."
Topics covered in the book include:
· Virtual victimization and the impact of news reporting and videos on children
· The sexualization of the kids' culture
· Effects of life on the net, including eating disorders, sexting and cyberbullying
· Continuous interaction and reinforcement of net-based behaviors; potential precursors to addiction
· Modeling behavior; including the "contagion" of high-risk actions and life-threatening events
Dr. Boehm leads a national conversation as well as sifts, sorts and curates the best practical parenting tips from leading media sources offering common-sense guidance about technology and media usage.
Available for purchase on Amazon - https://www.amazon.com/
About DR. HELEN BOEHM
Dr. Boehm is a distinguished psychologist who leads the independent advisory, FCC Ready http://fccready.com/
FOR MEDIA INQUIRIES, PLEASE CONTACT:
Sarina Appel, Sarina@SarinaAppelPR, 917-685-8686