Meals On Wheels of Tampa 5K & 1 Mile Fun Run Music Fest on the Tampa Riverwalk Saturday
The Meals On Wheels High School Leadership Board (HSLB) is presenting this event to raise awareness of senior hunger in Tampa and to collect funds to be able to purchase an emergency safety kit, which will include a radio and flashlight, for over 800 senior and homebound neighbors served each day. The event was developed in direct response to Hurricane Irma and its effects on our seniors and homebound neighbors, as many did not have power for days.
• Date: Saturday, February 3rd, 2018
• 10:00AM 5K start
• Enjoy a scenic run around the Tampa Riverwalk. The beautiful river and scenery of the city will surely impress all! $20
• 11:00AM 1 Mile Fun Run start
• For those that are just starting out or want to walk with family or friends. $10
• 11:30am Awards
• 12PM Music Fest
• Stay for the music festival after the awards to enjoy local sounds from our communities' youth!
• Location: Start and finish is on the Tampa Preparatory School (727 W Cass Street, Tampa, FL 33606 (https://www.google.com/
• Chip-timed: Fitniche will be timing the 5K event
• Overall Winners – Awards for Male and Female in 5k race (Trophy)
• Age Group Winners (0-9, 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, etc.) – 3 deep for 5k race for both male and female (Medallion)
• Finisher Medals – All 5k race finishers (Medallion)
• Finisher Ribbons – All fun-run finishers (Ribbon)
• Cost of each race:
• $20 for 5K (beginning 1/29/18 $25; day of race $30)
• $10 for 1 Mile Fun Run (great for families) (day of race $15)
• Any group of 10 can register for 5K for $150 on registration page now
• Group discounts available for Fun Run, please email L.Vance@MOWTampa.org to receive promo code
• All registrations include a t-shirt and award
To sign up to run or walk, visit: https://www.athlinks.com/
For more information, visit: http://www.mowtampa.org/
Multiple sponsorship opportunities are also available. Please contact Lauren Vance at (813) 238-8410, L.Vance@mowtampa.org.
About Meals On Wheels of Tampa:
Meals On Wheels of Tampa has been committed to nourishing and enriching the independent lives of the homebound and seniors of Tampa since 1975. Today, Meals On Wheels of Tampa serves over 800 people with a hot meal during the lunch hour. Meals On Wheels of Tampa is a 4-star charity and relies on its community for support by not accepting government funding.