Follow on Google News
Mondo surfaces take center stage at weekend indoor track meets
CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa. - Jan. 25, 2018 - PRLog -- When competitors take their marks during numerous indoor track and field competitions this weekend, they'll be doing so on tracks made by Mondo, the global leader in the track and field, indoor sport and contract flooring markets.
One of those meets will be the Bob Pollack Invitational, Jan. 27-28, at the Clemson University Indoor Track and Field Facility, South Carolina, where last weekend a new world record* was set in the men's 60m with a time of 6.37. Clemson indoor track facility also won the 2017 Outstanding Indoor Track Facility of the Year Award—the highest honor in the category—by the American Sports Builders Association.
Other prominent indoor competitions taking place on Mondo indoor surfaces this weekend are:
• Dr. Sander Invitational Columbia Challenge, Jan. 26-27, New York City Armory
• Razorback Invitational, Jan. 26-27, Randal Tyson Track Center, University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
• Houston Invitational, Jan. 26-27, Yeoman Fieldhouse, University of Houston
• Division II Invitational & Multi, Jan. 26-27, Colorado School of Mines, Steinhauer Field House, Golden
• Wesley Brown Invitational, Jan. 27, Wesley A. Brown Fieldhouse, U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland
Additional indoor track and field meets taking place on Mondo's tracks this weekend include:
• Widener Field Meet, Jan. 25-26, Schwartz Athletic Center, Widener University, Chester, Pennsylvania
• Engineer Invitational, Jan. 26, Sports and Recreation Center, Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology, Terre Haute, Indiana
• St. Olaf Coed Quadrangular, Jan. 26, Tostrud Center, St. Olaf College, Northfield, Minnesota
• MSU Open & Multi, Jan. 26-27, Myers Field House, Minnesota State University, Mankato
• The Penn State National, Jan. 26-27, Ashenfelter III Indoor Track, Penn State, State College
• UND Indoor Open, Jan 26-27, UND High Performance Center, University of North Dakota, Grand Forks
• University of Washington Indoor Invitational, Jan. 26-27, Dempsey Indoor Facility, University of Washington, Seattle
• New Mexico Team Invitational, Jan. 27, Albuquerque Convention Center
• Ocean Breeze Invitational—
• GVSU Mike Lints Alumni Open, Jan. 28, Laker Turf Building, Grand Valley State University, Allendale, Michigan
About Mondo's Tracks
Mondo is the industry leader in sport track innovation and expertise with more than 1,100 of the company's tracks and millions of square feet of its high-performance athletic surfaces installed worldwide.
Mondo tracks are made from rubber, which is vulcanized to produce a continuous, seamless piece of material that will not separate. In addition, its tracks: have a life expectancy of 15 years or more; won't compress or break down over time; can withstand heavy static and rolling loads; are easy to maintain with non-porous surfaces; and have a low total cost of ownership.
More than 260 world records have been set on Mondo's track surfaces, which include: Mondotrack WS, which served as competition surface of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games; Super X 720, which combines the backing of Mondotrack and the wear layer of the Super X Performance;
An official supplier of athletic tracks for the past 11 Olympic Games and the competition surface since the 1992 Barcelona Games, Mondo is the official supplier or sponsor of more than 100 sports federations and associations.
A family-owned business since its founding in 1948, the company sells its products in more than 196 countries through Mondo-owned manufacturing companies in Italy, Luxembourg, Spain and China. For news updates, visit www.mondoworldwide.com/
Account Email Address Account Phone Number Disclaimer Report Abuse