Workshop - Tasting Of Olive Oil
The best tips to organize your own Workshop-Tasting of olive oil.
Do you want to prepare something that is the most original with your friends?
Well today we bring you the best tips to organize your own Workshop-Tasting of olive oil. I´m sure you´ll become the best host.
The first step is to choose the olive oils that you will use in the tasting. For this I advise you to choose high quality oils, it must be extra virgin like our Extra Virgin Olive Oil Andarrios, which is obtained from the best olives and has an unmistakable aroma and flavor. If you are very professional, you can choose some winners of the international olive oil competition. Most of the oils on the list of the prestigious World's Best Olive Oil contest are from Spain.
Once the oils are chosen, we proceed to taste the oil with all its intensity:
1. Place 20g of oil in a small dark glass and cover with a napkin. The glass must be dark so that the color of the oil is not a clue.
2. Bring the glass to your nose to appreciate the aromas. Among the most common fragrances are herbs, fruits, some vegetables, soil or moisture. It is recommended that the oil be at a temperature of 28ºC.
3. Take a small swallow of the oil and heat it for 3 or 4 seconds, then let it run through the mouth to taste the texture, the bitter notes and, when going through the throat if you have spicy tastes.
4. With a little olive oil still in your mouth, make 2 aspirations inwards so that the oil expands and you can notice the most complex aromas.
5. Finally you must do the oral cleaning with a little water, bread or a piece of apple to neutralize the sensations between the tasting of one oil and another.
Maybe you will find it difficult to find all the aromas, but I encourage you to do your tests and discover ... What is your favorite oil!
For more tips on olive oil tasting, please visit: http://www.lpglobal.eu/
+34 93 269 4415