What is Content Marketing Anyway?
What is content marketing anyway? With so much focus on new marketing or content strategies and SEO practices you may be asking yourself why you might need to explore these topics.
• Sharing relevant content
• Sharing content that provides value to your audience
• Using images, text, video, audio, and any other acceptable medium to bring valuable tips or advice to your audience
• Using calls to action to bring the focus back to your business near the end of your content or in the middle as well in longer pieces
• Using content to guide your prospects through the sales funnel
• Using content to delight your customers with free guides or other incentives after they've signed up for an appointment, joined your newsletter, etc...
What content marketing isn't:
• Cold Calling
• Mass mailing without consent electronically or by snail mail
• Spammy links in irrelevant posts
• Thin content reminiscent of that from a content mill
• Spamming the internet with every piece of content from your website in every outdated article directory that you can find
• Blasting content without a strategy just to see what sticks or pulls in leads
In today's world it's important to create relevant content to your business, but more importantly to make this content work for your business. Content is no longer a way only to present your business it is also a way to work your business. When working your business you can use content to up sale, connect with new users, engage consumers with new products, or to form a relationship with your clients. Content marketing can help you to reap all of these benefits for you and your customers.
How do I get started with content marketing?
Getting started with content marketing doesn't have to be difficult! You just need to know where you're going and how you need to get there. to begin with we suggest you complete a buyer persona template for every buyer persona you have and then discover the journey for each of these buyer's through your sales funnel. Then you can create relevant content to get them into the funnel and for every stage along the way. Keeping your clients engaged with fresh content on a regular basis through content marketing is a great way to keep your site current.
It can help you to keep traffic coming in, but also keep the traffic returning. You can know that your clients are getting relevant information about your products. Forget fillers, fluff, and other useless content methods. Honest content that gives a realistic view of your products with engaging language aimed at humans is the best way to reel those customers in.
Content Marketing sometimes makes business owners cringe.Marketing can make you feel like a traveling sales man with a scripted purpose. You don't have to make this the case. Just be yourself and show your company's personality. There's no reason to try and copy anyone else. Clients will be driven to interact with a business that's real and honest with the latest information available.
Need some help with your content creation? Contact us today for a free quote! http://thecontentoasis.com