Hair Loss- A Serious Problem Nowadays!
How much Hair Loss is normal?
Everyone loses about 100 hairs a day. It is natural! But, if hairs shed more than this, it's time to give proper attention to your hairs. Otherwise you would end up with a bald head.
The hair loss pattern differs in both males and females, and so their hair care treatments. Men experience bald spots while the women find thinning of hairs on the top of their head. You can detect the hair loss by examining your hairs for at least one month. Make a record of the hairs you shed each day and compare. This is necessary as you won't be able to find when your hairs started thinning and falling down in clumps.
What are the causes of Alopecia Areata?
· Is anyone from your family suffering from hair loss or baldness, other than you? Hair loss can be inherited.
· Stress can result in hair loss.
· Surgery, Illness, Chemotherapy treatments- all this also causes hair loss.
· Hair loss can also be due to damage of hairs using the dyes and curling irons. Even pulling the hairs too tightly can affect the proper growth of hair.
· If you do not take nutritional diet (enriched with protein and iron), you are welcoming the baldness.
· Women also face baldness due to hormonal changes during puberty, menopause and pregnancy.
· Skin diseases like ringworm of the scalp, also cause excessive hair fall.
· Thyroid diseases like Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism can also lead to hair loss or baldness.
How to diagnose the Hair Loss?
Consult with your doctor soon! He would ask you a few questions like how many hairs you are losing each time, from which period it started, is anyone from your family suffering from the same, and so on. He would perform a few tests and give you the optimal hair care treatment. These tests include:
These tests include:
· Hair Analysis: The doctor will take a sample of your hairs and study them under a microscope. A scalp sample might also be taken by him.
· Blood Tests: This includes testing for a specific condition like Hyperthyroidism or Hypothyroidism.
In case of women, the thinning of hairs can be due to irregular menstrual cycles, acne, or excessive body hair (hirsutism). So, sometimes a test for Androgens including Testosterone is also done.
How to deal with Hair Loss?
Once you find the real reason behind this situation, it would be easy for you to take an action!
If the hair loss is due to Chemotherapy, they would grow back once the treatment ends. Also, if you are suffering hair loss due to an underactive thyroid, taking the thyroid medicine would help you! Avoid dyeing, styling, and use of tight hair bands if they are responsible for excessive hair shedding.
Here are some of the simple and easy-to-apply steps that you can perform on a daily-basis to enhance the well-being of your hairs, regardless of the type of hairs you have:
· · Wash your hairs twice or thrice a week!
· Say No to Hot Showers!
· Shampoo your Scalp, not the hair roots!
· Gently massage your hairs!
· Dry your hairs smoothly with a towel before Conditioning!
· Do not brush the wet hairs!
· Use blower on lower heat setting only!
If the cause is something that can be controlled like stress, you can get rid of this situation soon. But, in case it is due to uncontrollable reasons like family baldness history, you would experience baldness. Although people use wigs and caps to hide their bald head, the best method to get rid of this situation is hair transplantation.
Hair transplant has emerged out as a hair restoration method with a lifelong result! If you go to the best hair transplant clinic, nothing can give you better and natural results than a hair transplant.
In hair transplantation, hairs from a donor site (usually the back of your head) are taken off and transplanted to the recipient site (frontal head). This result in growth of hairs naturally on the complete head once again. This method is efficient but if your donor site also lacks required amount of hairs, it would be a daunting task to get the hairs back!
Hairs once gone, won't come back again naturally! So, it is better to give proper attention and care to them before it is too late!
For More Information Visit Here:-