Recipe: Perfectly Seasoned Roasted Turkey
By: Oliviers & Co
Recipe for Perfectly Seasoned Roasted Turkey …
1 (18 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
2 cups Oliviers & Co Fleur de Sel Natural Sea Salt
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 onions chopped
4 carrots chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 bay leaf
1 cup dry white wine
Oliviers & Co Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
1. Rub the turkey inside & out with the kosher salt. Place the bird in a large stock pot, & cover with cold water. Place in the refrigerator, and allow the turkey to soak in the salt & water mixture 12 hours or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Rinse the turkey, inside & out and pat dry.
3. Using half the melted butter, brush the turkey. Place breast side down on a roasting rack in a shallow roasting pan. Stuff the turkey cavity with 1 onion, 1/2 the carrots, 1/2 the celery, 1 sprig of thyme, and the bay leaf. Scatter the remaining vegetables and thyme around the bottom of the roasting pan, & cover with the white wine.
4. Roast uncovered 3 1/2 to 4 hours in the preheated oven, until the internal temperature of the thigh reaches 180 degrees F (85 degrees C). Carefully turn the turkey breast side up about 2/3 through the roasting time, and brush with the remaining butter. Allow the bird to stand about 30 minutes before carving.
5. Carve & drizzle with Oliviers & Co Extra Virgin Olive Oil
More Oliviers & Co recipes: https://www.oliviersandco.com/