Monterey's Old Fisherman's Wharf to hold 172nd Birthday Celebration on Sunday, October 15, 2017
At a Glance:
When: Sunday, October 15, 2017 from 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Where: Monterey's Old Fisherman's Wharf
This free family-friendly event will feature:
• Live entertainment by The Anthony Lane Band from 1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
• Master of Ceremonies David Marzetti will host the event and conduct Wharf free prize drawings every half hour.
• Meet the Mayor: Meet & Greet with City of Monterey Mayor Clyde Roberson at 3:00 p.m. and he will cut the first slice of Wharf Birthday cake at 3:30 pm
• Free Wharf Birthday Cake at the Wharf Tent in front of Abalonetti Bar & Grill at 3:30 pm. Enjoy a free slice of the delicious whale-themed birthday cake donated by Fisherman's Wharf Association.
• The community is invited to bring their historic Wharf photos and photo albums to Share Your Wharf Memories between 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm at the Wharf Tent.
• Free one-hour "Wharf Walks" with Fisheries Historian Tim Thomas at 1:00 pm and 2:00 pmstarting at the head of the Wharf.
• To celebrate the birthday event, many Wharf restaurants will also feature many "Wharf Birthday Bites" for purchase.
• The event will commemorate the Argentine sailor pirate Hippolyte Bouchard who raided and occupied Monterey in 1818. Attendees are invited to come in a pirate or sailor costume and take "selfies" with pirate statues on the Wharf.
More information: www.montereywharf.com or call (831) 238-0777 (tel:(831)%20238-
About Monterey's Old Fisherman's Wharf
Monterey's Old Fisherman's Wharf was designated as the #1 most visited attraction in Monterey County in a recent study conducted by the Monterey County Convention and Visitor's Bureau.
Monterey's Old Fisherman's Wharf is open 365 days a year including during the holidays (holiday schedule is on the events page on www.montereywharf.com)
Savor delicious cuisine at a myriad of fabulous restaurants featuring stunning views and award-winning Italian food, sustainable seafood, grass-fed steaks, including the region's famous clam chowder and calamari. Enjoy salt water taffy, homemade chocolates, caramel apples, cotton candy and many other yummy treats. View sea otters, sea lions, harbor seals, dolphins, whales, sea birds and other wildlife "up close and personal" that also share the Wharf. Watch people who have gone out and caught their own fish on the local and chartered fishing boats return with their own "catch of the day".
Celebrate the first location in Monterey County where tender abalone was cooked and served in a restaurant. Check out the many fun shops to find the perfect memento of your visit and a variety of unique gifts. Enjoy the exquisite views and the "best place to walk and people watch" in Monterey County!
Situated near downtown Monterey, Old Fisherman's Wharf is conveniently located along the Monterey Bay Recreation Trail and has plenty of nearby parking.
For more information about Old Fisherman's Wharf, go to www.montereywharf.com or call (831) 238-0777 (tel:%28831%