News By Tag
News By Location
AR VR Molecules Editor – New Virtual & Augmented Reality Chemistry app for IOS and Android
Virtual Space has announced the release of AR VR Molecules Editor, their new educational app. AR VR Molecules Editor allows one to build and manipulate 3D models of molecules of any organic and inorganic compounds using a smartphone VR headset.
By: Virtual Space LLC
AR VR Molecules Editor is designed for high school or college students taking chemistry courses. The augmented reality feature can easily be performed in class by printing special in-app markers with text representation of molecular compounds. Students can view 3D molecules models of the compounds right in front of the markers in AR, allowing them to easily comprehend the structure of molecules and atomic bonds.
In virtual reality, AR VR Molecules Editor allows organic and inorganic molecular structures to be built with single, double and triple bonds, as well as cyclic compounds. The molecules can be visualized in 3D using stick, ball and stick and space-filling (CPK) models. Users can save and load their work at any time. Many features are expected to come in the future, including import and export of 3D models of molecules in popular formats (including the PubChem online database), saving graphic pictures of assembled molecules and many others.
Main features of the app:
• Building molecule models of any organic or inorganic compound using most of periodic table elements in VR.
• Support of single, double and triple bonds.
• Building molecule models of cyclic compounds.
• Visualization of Wireframe style, Stick style, Ball and Stick, Spacefill (CPK) models.
• Augmented reality interface (AR) for visualizing molecular structures.
• US English and Russian
• iPhone or Android smartphone with any VR headset (iPad, iPod touch and Android tablet PCs are also supported)
• IOS 7.0 or higher (for Apple devices), Android 4.4 or higher (for Android devices)
Pricing and Availability:
VR Molecules Editor is $1.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide through the App Store and Google Play in the Education category.
AR VR Molecules Editor for IOS http://apple.co/
AR VR Molecules Editor for Android http://bit.ly/
Virtual Space LLC