News By Tag
News By Location
Music, Trivia, Kato Kaelin Host Among New Entertainment Slate At Wizard World Comic Con Madison
Ongoing Live Shows, Combat Demos, Trivia, Giveaways On Show Stages Provide Wizard World Fans With Non-Stop Entertainment All Weekend Long
By: Wizard World
"We want Wizard World Madison attendees to come away from our show with a full pop culture experience that goes beyond meeting celebrities and getting autographs and photographs,"
Among the highlights of the Wizard World Comic Con Madison entertainment lineup are:
• Musicians Victor Johnson (piano, synthesizer, Friday), Face Time Police (acoustic, Friday), The Cat's Pajamas (pop, Saturday), Water Street Bridge (eclectic acoustic, Saturday), Klingon Pop Warrior (Klingon pop, Sunday), Rock it Man Entertainment dueling piano show (Sunday)
• Live action role play with Last Hope LARP in live combat demo (Saturday, Sunday)
• Rob Rasner combines magic and humor combine with music and audience participation (Saturday)
• Thomas Ian Nicholas (Rookie of the Year, American Pie)performing an acoustic set (Friday and Sunday)
• Trivia all weekend, with fun prizes
• Wizard World Karaoke - fans are the stars! (Friday and Saturday)
• Wizard World Hall of Legends induction ceremony (Friday, 7 p.m.) with Jens Robinson accepting on behalf of his father Jerry Robinson, creator of the "Robin" character
• Costume contest for adults (Saturday) and kids (Saturday and Sunday)
• DJ spinning all weekend
• Kaelin hosting many of the performances during the event, including trivia and giveaways right from the entertainment stage
The full schedule of entertainment and programming can be found at http://wizardworld.com/
The entertainment offerings supplement a top-flite celebrity lineup which includes Stan Lee (Marvel Comics CEO Emeritus), Lennie James ("The Walking Dead," Snatch), Sean Maher ("Firefly," Serenity), WWE® Superstar Becky Lynch™ Emma Caulfield ("Buffy the Vampire Slayer," "Beverly Hills, 90210"), Monica Rial ("Dragon Ball Z," "Fullmetal Alchemist"), Juliet Landau (Ed Wood, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"), James Frain ("Gotham," True Blood"), Rachel Skarsten ("Lost Girl," "Reign") and more. The event marks Wizard World's third annual show in Madison and the 12th on Wizard World's 2017 calendar.
Wizard World Comic Con events bring together thousands of fans of all ages to celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. Madison show hours are Friday, September 22, 4-9 p.m.; Saturday, September 23, 10 a.m.-7 p.m.; Sunday, September 24, 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Kids 10 and under are admitted free with paid adult.
Wizard World Comic Con Madison is also the place for cosplay, with fans young and old showing off their best costumes throughout the event. Fans dressed as every imaginable character – and some never before dreamed – will roam the convention floor and participate in the famed Wizard World Costume Contest on Saturday evening.
For more on the 2017 Wizard World Madison, visit www.wizardworld.com/
About Wizard World (OTCBB:WIZD)
Wizard World, Inc. (www.wizardworld.com) produces comic, gaming and pop culture conventions across North America that celebrate the best in pop culture: movies, television, gaming, live entertainment, tech, comics, sci-fi, graphic novels, toys, original art, collectibles, contests and more. A first-class lineup of topical programming and entertainment takes place at each event, with celebrity Q&A's, comics-themed sessions, costume contests, movie screenings, evening parties and more. Wizard World has also launched the digital Wizard magazine and introduced WizPop, a daily news service reporting on the biggest pop culture stories of the day, and featuring a weekly recap covering the news of the week. Fans can interact with Wizard World at www.wizardworld.com and on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram and other social media services. Additional initiatives may include an augmented touring schedule of Wizard World shows, fixed-site installations, curated e-commerce, and the production and distribution of content both in the U.S. and internationally.
The 2017 Wizard World convention schedule is available at: http://www.wizardworld.com/