News By Tag
News By Location
Ten Indiana Nonprofits Receive SIA Foundation Capital Grants; 30 Receive Anniversary Grants
By: Subaru of Indiana Automotive, Inc.
Additionally, the SIA Foundation awarded 30 unrestricted grants of $1,000 each to Indiana nonprofit organizations chosen by SIA Associates in honor of SIA's 30th anniversary. Voting for these grants began in early May.
The SIA Foundation awards grants twice annually to nonprofit organizations seeking capital funding in arts and culture, health and welfare or education programs. Information on the SIA Foundation and the grant application process can be found at www.siafoundation.org.
Capital grant recipient organizations for the Spring 2017 grant cycle are:
Rural Health Innovation Collaborative -Vigo County - $10,000 – Education
The organization will purchase a Newborn Hal neonatal simulator. This will be used to train staff, health care providers and students for high risk complications in newborns.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Northwest Indiana - Lake County - $10,000 – Arts & Culture
The grant will be used to purchase quality studio equipment for the Gary Club's new music studio.
Edgelea Elementary – Tippecanoe County - $9,961 – Education
The school will purchase 30 under desk fitboards, 15 adjustable standing desks, 5 under desk orbit striders, 4 under desk elliptical walker, Standing Elliptical Desks, Active Seating Kit, and Active Seating Stools. These items will be used to start a classroom for students to move and learn at the same time.
Link Observatory Space Science Institute – Hamilton County – $9,850 – Education
Funds will be used to purchase solar telescopes and accessories.
Wabash County Historical Museum – Wabash County - $9,563 - Education
This grant will be used to purchase Big Blue Blocks that will travel through the county to enhance the ability to offer STEM-based actives beyond the walls of the museum.
Franciscan Health Foundation, Inc. - Tippecanoe County - $8,495 – Health & Welfare
The grant will be used to purchase a Tran-Sit Car Transfer Simulator to assist its patients with transfers into and out of automobiles prior to discharge home.
Wabash Center, Inc. – Tippecanoe County - $8,100 – Arts & Culture
A kiln and equipment will be purchased with the grant funds, giving individuals another method to explore interests and provide more individuality in program offerings.
Indianapolis Parks Foundation - Marion County - $8,000 – Health & Welfare
Grant funds will be used to construct a new shed, purchase equipment and tools, as well as trees to expand the current farm by an acre. This additional acre will provide 25,000 – 30,000 pounds of organic produce that will be delivered to the on-site Food Pantry, Crooked Creek.
Humane Society of Clinton County – Clinton County - $8,000 – Health & Welfare
The grant will be used to purchase fencing materials to divide the single play yard into four sections, creating the opportunity for more dogs to enjoy outdoor play and exercise.
Wabash Valley Health Center, Inc - Vigo County - $6,126 – Health & Welfare
The grant will enable the organization to purchase a dental instrument sterilizer so that they can increase the number of patients they see in a day.
The 30 recipient organizations of the unrestricted $1,000 anniversary grants are:
• Almost Home Humane Society—Tippecanoe County
• Alzheimer's Association—
• American Cancer Society—Statewide
• Benton County Fair Association—
• Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Lafayette—Tippecanoe County
• Boys and Girls Club of Lafayette—Tippecanoe County
• Boy Scouts of America Sagamore Council—Mult-
• Brady's Hope (Flora Community Club)—Carroll County
• Center Stage Community Theatre—Boone County
• Disabled American Veterans—Tippecanoe County
• Food Finders Food Bank, Inc.—Tippecanoe County
• Indiana FFA Foundation--Statewide
• Girl Scouts of Central Indiana—Multi-
• Habitat for Humanity of Lafayette Inc.—Tippecanoe County
• Indiana 4-H Foundation--Statewide
• Indiana Music Teachers Association--
• Lafayette Indiana Pickleball Association Inc.—Tippecanoe County
• LTHC Homeless Services Program (formerly Lafayette Transitional Housing Center, Inc.)—Tippecanoe County
• Lafayette Urban Ministry, Inc.—Tippecanoe County
• Lafayette Lions Club, Inc.—Tippecanoe County
• Loving Hearts Animal Shelter—Tippecanoe County
• Meals on Wheels—Tippecanoe County
• Mental Health America of Tippecanoe County, Inc.—Tippecanoe County
• Natalie's Second Chance Dog Shelter Inc.—Tippecanoe County
• North Montgomery Band Boosters—Montgomery County
• PawSwaP of Greater Lafayette—Tippecanoe County
• Rossville Baseball & Softball Summer Recreational League—Clinton County
• Servants at Work, Inc.—Tippecanoe County
• Tippecanoe County Humane Society—Tippecanoe County
• Western Band Boosters—Howard County
Media Oakes, Communications Manager