The Top 5 Reasons for Women to Master the Art & Soul of Public Speaking
Well designed public speaking programs that harness feminine energy are the solution to women becoming powerful and effective public speakers. It is the place where the emphasis is on speaking authentically, effectively, and from the heart.
PRLog -- On Saturday, January 21st an estimated 3 million women, and their supporters gathered for the historic Women's March. Some 440,000 attended the official March in Washington DC while others participated around the nation and the world. This was hailed as the single largest convergence of individuals united for one cause. To make sure the voices of women are heard.
Women in the US were supported by women around the world in a global show of support at another 100 locations. Erica Chenoweth, a professor at the University of Denver and an expert on nonviolent protest, and Jeremy Pressman, a political social scientist, estimate that those international marches were attended by at least 267,000 people (Sources: The Atlantic and Vox Media).
Women speak up for a variety of causes including to eradicate poverty, demand equal pay for equal work, to stop intimate partner violence, access to clean water, to increase equity and reduce disparities in maternal and infant health, and the list goes on. However, on January 21st there was no single agenda. That day was about women's collective agenda to make sure that women's voices would never be silenced.
In a recent blog post by the United Nations Foundation, it was written "Girls are one of the most powerful forces to change the world. When their rights are recognized, their needs are met, and their voices are heard, they drive change in their families, their communities, and the world." How do you get to the place where a woman or a girl has the confidence to speak their mind and voice their opinion? Here are 5 ways for change the culture and the systems.
1) Start with women mentors who have the skillset and experience as public speakers to share their knowledge with other women formally and informally. Women who can demystify public speaking and train others to be skilled communicators.
2) Create spaces where women and girls have the freedom to embrace their authentic selves allowing them to deliver powerful messages that are not diluted because they are not trying to be someone else.
3) Support students in the basic public speaking skills they need like the awareness of their physical presence when speaking, overcoming the mental fear of public speaking, and formulas for harnessing their thoughts and crafting their messages.
4) Dispel the myth that only some people are capable of being effective speakers by creating supportive non-competitive learning environments.
5) Treat the art of public speaking like the valuable tool it is for all women including mompreneurs, entrepreneurs, athletes, techies, teachers, and artists.
Times like these come around once, sometimes twice, in a lifetime when women are uniquely positioned to usher in the next big thing.This powerful experience is being offered through WomanSpeak Circle Mid-Hudson Valley.
This is where women learn techniques to transform fear or self-doubt about public speaking into ease and authentic confidence. They also learn how to speak on panels, tell spellbinding stories, and how to speak confidently in front of anyone (i.e., colleagues, local PTA, product pitches, advocacy, etc). These are just a few of the many skills taught and experienced at WomanSpeak Circles.
WomanSpeak is where women can learn the art and soul of public speaking. They consist of local, ongoing, bi-monthly, public speaking gatherings. WomanSpeak is designed to offer a safe space for speaking practice.
This powerful experience is being offered through WomanSpeak Mid-Hudson Valley led by circle leader Tamara Wrenn, founder of Just Us Women Productions. An upcoming introductory event designated as a taste of WomanSpeak will be held June 3, 2017. Womanspeak is open to women only. Call 914-595-2065 for more information or visit http://www.justuswomen.org/
About Just Us Women Productions, LLC: The company provides Solutions4Women who are ready to live with vitality by providing social support: informational, emotional, esteem, social network support, and services to help them reach their goals.