Black Hat SEO or White Hat SEO, That Is The Question
SEO has gotten a lot of bad rap over the years. This is mostly because when SEO started there were very few rules, and search engines weren't sophisticated enough At the time to pick up when someone would use deceptive methods of SEO.
By: Millennial Tech Services
In order for you to make an informed decision about which method you would choose, it would be helpful to understand the difference. Let's first talk about Black Hat SEO. Black hat SEO is more of a villain's way of marketing. That is because this next to mostly relies on rule breaking techniques to earn higher rankings. Some of the strategies in black hat are as follows:
· Unrelated Keywords: this is when you add keywords that have no connection to your content. This then becomes a red flag for search engines, because it is unnatural. For instance, let's say that you are writing in article About a couch company. And then you would add in the line, "Kim Kardashian would use our couch in her vacation home." Yeah, this sounds great. But it has nothing to do with your target audience, or how to benefit them. Instead it uses a bait and switch the method, against search engines, which is a big no-no.
· Content Automation: this is when you use a bot to comment in the body text or comment section, and it uses keywords to help the URL rank higher. This is a randomly generated line, and will make no sense to the reader. Plus, search engines will pick up on this.
· Doorway Pages: these are fake pages that are overloaded with keywords to help make them easier for search engines to find. However, once they are clicked on they automatically will redirect visitors to a different page, rendering them meaningless.
· Invisible Text or Links: this is another common black hat technique. In this technique marketers will hide text or links within the content in an effort to improve rankings. They do this by including white text on a white background, setting the size to zero, burying a link in the small character, i.e. embedding a link in a hyphen.
While these black hat methods may help boost your rankings right away. In the long run they can actually be detrimental because once Google and other search engines catch on, you will be penalized or have your site shut down altogether. So, what's the alternative?
White Hat SEO is a more organic and natural form of SEO. Because in this method you focus your Indianapolis SEO marketing strategy on making your site more visible through quality content and organic link building. Some of the strategies of White Hat SEO are as follows:
Quality Content: by creating quality and valuable content for your target audience, you make it to both share-worthy and link-worthy. Which of the two key ingredients in driving traffic. The content also will be original, highly relevant to your niche, and will contain no spelling or grammar errors.
· Effective Keyword Research and Use: keywords hold a lot of value when used correctly. Now, this does not mean keyword stuffing, as that is frowned upon. But, your site should be focused on using sets of relevant keywords that your users will best identify with. We suggest when using keywords you use long-tail keywords. As they can be much more specific to your product or service, and therefore be more effective in ranking higher.
· Relevant Backlinks: Google especially loves quality backlinks. This is because it means that other sites are linking to you, telling search engines that you have quality content. They therefore will reward you with higher search rankings.
· Internal Links: by linking to content within your own site is a great indicator that your site has value. Again, just be careful you don't over staff your internal links. A good rule of thumb to follow is two or three links to deep-seeded pages within your site.
As you can see, White Hat SEO is a more natural form of the two methods. While it does take longer to rank using white hat, you're better off in the long run because Google honors a long-term strategy. By using this method, you can avoid being penalized or having your site be shut down completely. However, the choice is up to you and how you want to run your Indianapolis SEO marketing strategy. So, ask yourself do you want to be the hero or the villain? Check out for more info: http://patch.com/
Millennial Tech Services
Page Updated Last on: Jan 26, 2017