News By Tag
News By Place
EC Business Owner does "Everyday Makeup"
Ernest's Couture business owner (Manasha Alvarado) shares her daily routine with products available at ernestscouture.com
By: Ernest's Couture
• It's even more important to make sure your face is clean at the end of the day. Always be sure to remove your makeup before you go to bed. Leaving it on overnight can clog your pores and cause acne. Many dermatologists recommend using disposable exfoliating wipes to remove makeup.
• Apply sunscreen and moisturizer. If you plan on spending time in the sun, be sure to start with some sunblock. Use a product made especially for faces, as these are less likely to leave goopy residue that makes applying makeup difficult. If your skin is prone to dryness and flaking, be sure to massage in a dollop of moisturizer. Makeup can temporarily disguise flakey skin, but will be obvious and look even worse by the end of the day. If you need both, apply your sunscreen first.
• Apply makeup primer to your face. Primer helps makeup go on easier and last longer. Simply dab some onto your fingertips to apply it. Work the primer into your skin wherever you plan on wearing makeup. If you'll be wearing foundation, this means your forehead, nose, chin, and cheeks.
• If you'll be wearing eyeliner or eyeshadow, add some primer to your eyelids and the space underneath your eyebrows. General makeup primer usually works fine in these areas. However, more gentle primers designed especially for eyelids are also available.
• On the video, Manasha from Ernest's Couture started with LA Girl BB cream as her foundation (she uses light coverage so her freckles will show through her makeup), and Mehron Celebre Pro HD Saffron yellow powder to set her makeup. Manasha stated that if you used Ben Nye banana powder (peach undertone) and you want more yellow or monchromatic powder, Mehron's Celebre Pro HD Saffron setting powder should be your product of choice.
• Manasha from Ernest's Couture used Black UP Cosmetics blush in the color orange, and Ben Nye Topaz to bronze and lightly contour her face.
• Manasha Alvarado from Ernest's Couture used Cherry Bloom FIBER BROW KIT WITH STENCILS for a natural effect , she used Anastasia Beverly Hills pomade in Soft brown for a more defined eyebrow.
• Manasha Alvarado used Tarte Cosmetics "Play with Clay" Quad eyeshadow for her eye look.
• Manasha from Ernest's Couture used Milani Cosmetics liptick available at ernestcouture.com