Electricity safety during December Holiday Season
Statistics show that at this time of year the number of house fires are increasing tremendously. Dempsey Electrical is reminding you to be much more careful around electricity at this time of year.
Harry Dempsey the owner of Dempsey Electrical explains: "being careful with Electrical supplies is important all year long, but during the winter and especially during the festive Holiday season there is much more risks of electrical accidence. It can be Christmas lights that work all the time or it can even be electrical gadgets charging and taking up more electrical sockets and overload them. we need to make people be aware of the electrical dangers in the house"
We at Dempsey Electrical know that This time of year is always busy, but we ask everyone to take a moment and to check your Christmas lights before you put them up. If you discover damaged or old lights, or if you noticed that they are plugged into overloaded adaptors, it can easily cause electric shock or even fire. Any case, whenever you are feeling unsure about the safety of your electrical supplies, don't use them! Go and buy new ones.
Dempsey Electrical Present Five Tips to how pass through the Holidays safely:
• Switch your Christmas lights off from time to time, for example when you are out you can give them a break.
• Try not overload the sockets and if it is possible try not to use any kind of adaptors or extension leads.
• When using electrical gadget that needs charging, don't use unbranded chargers, and if you do, don't leave it charging unattended.
• Let the Indoor Decorations Light up the Room. When you have your Christmas lights on and the Tree glowing, turn off the light fixtures where it is placed. Let the tree and the flashing decorations provide lighting that is both more festive and efficient.
• when you're buying Christmas tree lights or outside decorations, invest in LED bulbs instead of your former energy-sucking lights. LED lights are much less likely to overheat and cause fire because they operate at very low voltage, and by that preventing the possibility of an electric shock.