Usability Criteria of Different Types of Bubble Wraps of Different Sizes
The different types of bubble wraps
Bubble wraps are prepared according to different standards. Thus, the usability of a particular type of bubble wrap may be different from other types. Below mentioned are some grades of bubble wraps.
· The first to discuss is high grade bubble wrap. As the name suggests, this is the strongest type of bubble wrap you can use. It is made of the plastic that won't pop even under sufficient amount of pressure. You can wrap heavy items using this wrap. You can also wrap the items that you think will more likely to break if the shipping boxes containing those items would be dropped.
· The most commonly used one is the general purpose bubble wrap. This type of bubble wrap is made of the medium weight plastic that withstands general type of harsh handlings. Hence, the items with less fragility can be safely wrapped in using these general purpose bubble wraps.
· The type of bubble wrap that provides least protection against shocks is the low grade bubble wrap. The most suitable application of this type is associated with the requirement of scratch avoidance. Hence, the items that are strong enough but have nicely finished surfaces can be wrapped using this grade of bubble wrap.
· The type of bubble wrap that you can use to protect electronic items is the anti-static bubble wrap. There are different grades of antistatic bubble wraps available. Cell phones, TVs, circuits and other electronic items can be secured using this type of bubble wrap.
· The type of bubble wrap that you can use to secure food items is the FDA grade bubble wrap. Chocolates, fruits and eggs are wrapped in the bubble wrap of this type before transporting.
Different sizes of bubble wrap
The size of bubble wrap is actually about the size of each bubble. Different sizes provide protection at different levels and against varying intensities. Generally, the small size of the bubble wrap provides less protection as compared the bigger sized bubble wraps. Some standard sizes are mentioned as under.
· The smallest size of all the bubble wraps is 1/16". The bubble wrap with the bubbles of this diameter is not made to provide protection against shocks. It rather protects nicely finished surfaces by not letting them having scratches.
· 1/8" bubble wrap provides a little bit more protection as compared to 1/16" but its purpose is the same as that of previous one.
· The more common used bubble wrap is of the size 3/16". This bubble wrap is ideal for medium sized objects.
· 5/16" is quite large size of a bubble and it is used to provide protection to the big items. It also fills up the void space in shipping boxes more than any other type.