News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
Philips SpeechAir Combines High-Quality Dictation and Convenient Mobile Accessibility
Smart voice recorder offers best-in-class dictation recording quality with wireless mobility
Philips SpeechAir offers the latest voice technology advancements with the convenience and mobility of a smartphone, including features such as a camera, barcode scanner and touchscreen. However, unlike a smartphone, the device was created specifically for efficient, on-the-go dictation. SpeechAir allows for a more secure, streamlined dictation workflow by combining mobile technology with traditional dictation components, including:
• Superior Recording Quality: SpeechAir features three professional microphones that deliver ultimate sound quality, even when used in noisy environments. The 360-degree microphone is ideal for recording meetings with multiple speakers; the directional microphone is best-suited for noisy environments;
• Maximum Security: SpeechAir recordings are encrypted in real-time using the Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) with a key length of 256 bits for maximum data security. The device also features a PIN code to protect against unauthorized use, and features such as the camera can be locked to prevent file access if the device is stolen.
• Streamlined Workflows: SpeechAir is compatible with all Philips dictation solutions including the Philips SpeechLive (http://www.speechlive.com/
• Longer Battery Life: SpeechAir's built-in, rechargeable Li-ion battery features a capacity of 2700 mAh and has a lifetime of up to 97 hours. This robust battery power is capable of up to 12 hours of continuous recording in DSS QP mode and fully recharges in only 3 hours.
• Extended Storage Space: The Philips SpeechAir dictation device features 16 GB of internal memory, which is capable of storing the equivalent of 176 days' worth of audio files.
"While convenient, most smartphone dictation applications simply cannot compete with the security and sound quality of Philips SpeechAir," said Thomas Brauner, CEO of Speech Processing Solutions. "SpeechAir represents an ideal combination of mobility and performance, merging smartphone-like functionality with dictation features that have been developed and refined by Philips and Speech Processing Solutions for more than 60 years. SpeechAir is perfect for on-the-go professionals who require high quality, security and efficiency in all their dictation needs."
You can also learn more about Speech Processing Solutions and Philips voice technology products by visiting www.philips.com/
Further information for journalists:
Speech Processing Solutions
Tel.: +1 647 689 2773
Connect with Speech Processing Solutions on:
About Speech Processing Solutions
Speech Processing Solutions is the global number one in professional dictation. Founded in Austria in 1954 as part of Philips, the company has been the driving force in speech-to-text innovations for over 60 years. Always striving for excellence and putting emphasis on outstanding quality, the company has designed groundbreaking products, such as the portable Philips Pocket Memo voice recorder, the Philips SpeechMike Premium dictation microphone and the Philips SpeechExec dictation recorder app for smartphones. The latest innovation, Philips SpeechLive, makes dictation quicker and more convenient than ever before, by bringing secure dictation workflow to the cloud. With solutions perfectly tailored to individual industry needs, Speech Processing Solutions saves professionals' time and resources, allowing them to work as efficiently as possible.