News By Tag
News By Place
Meet and Greet BIO City in Leipzig - the Future of Biotechnological Innovation in Germany
By: BIO City Leipzig
is the Managing Director of this Economic Development Corporation which has two main objectives: the initiation and development of commercial direct investment which creates jobs, as well as in attracting skilled workers to the Leipzig region, from both Germany and abroad. He studied Computer Science in Leipzig and worked at the Leipzig Chamber of Commerce and the City of Leipzig, where he focused on the Media and Creative Industries as well as on advisory support for business settlements. Currently Michael Körner oversees regional projects in different sectors such as Biotech and Medtech.
Dr. Randy Kurz
is Manager of Technology Transfer at the BIO City Leipzig Association of Technology Transfer. He helps business partners, who want to establish an innovative product with words and deeds. His focus are support programs and projects in the Sector of Life-Science. He studied bio-chemistry at the University of Leipzig and started working there. After having been employed at the University of Dresden, Dr. Randy Kurz became Manager of Network at the Sachsen Development and Administration Association.
is Head of Marketing and Sales at Sonovum AG in Leipzig and responsible for Corporate Communications and setting up the Marketing and Sales structures for the Sonovum ACG devices. He is part of a team of specialists in Ultrasound Brain Monitoring, which is currently the only company worldwide to be able to non-invasively monitor minuscule changes in the cellular and molecular structure of brain tissue. Konrad Sell has over ten years of professional experience and worked for example at the University of Magdeburg, Sovello and ICS Malaysia. He is an MBA Graduate of HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management and contributes knowledge from Renewable Energies, Urban Farming, Software Development and Youth as well as Adult Education.
is Head of Sales and Marketing at VivoSensMedical GmbH in Leipzig since more than three years. As a Media Sciences major, she has many years of experience in operational and strategic marketing in the consumer goods industry and in the technology sector. She was, among other things, responsible for brand management and product and channel marketing for Ben Sherman in New York and ASICS in Japan. Bettina Brammer also worked as Director of Marketing at Q-Cells and Product Marketing Manager at Spreadshirt in Leipzig. In early 2014 Bettina became a partner at VivoSensMedical GmbH.
is General Manager and Managing Partner at SelfD Technology GmbH in Leipzig. SelfDiagnostics OÜ is a start-up company that was founded in spring 2008 by Estonian entrepreneurs and scientists of the University of Tartu. It focuses on product development, marketing and sale in the field of medical diagnostics to satisfy the growing market demand of IVD (In vitro diagnostics)
• 39,000 people employed in the life science and related industry sector.
• Leipzig and its periphery is a steadily growing and very well connected economic area with 2,400 SME's operating worldwide in the medicine informatics, medicine logistics and medicine technology as well as bio & life science sectors.
• the BIO City, a start-up centre for biotech, is a perfect example for research, spin-offs and commercialization working under one roof.
• practical research and development at well-known institutes, i.e. the Fraunhofer Institute for Cell Therapy and Immunology, Max Planck Institute for Human Cognitive and Brain Sciences.
• international and interdisciplinary apprenticeships and university courses at the healthcare sector with a high degree of practical training.
December 6th | 8:00 - 10:00 AM | Hodgson Russ | 1540 Broadway 24th Floor 10036, NYC