News By Tag
News By Place
What You Need To Know About WrestleCade Weekend 2016
One of the largest independent wrestling events in the country is coming back to NC for the final time on Thanksgiving weekend 2016. Here are some pro tips on what to expect.
1) The Showcase Of Champions event is being held on Friday night, November 27 at the Benton Convention Center in the FanFest room. Doors open at 6pm and the bell time is 7pm. NOTE: This is the ONLY night that Cody Rhodes and Lucha Underground's Pentagon Jr will be appearing/wrestling. Limited numbers of The Cody Rhodes Experience VIP Meet & Greet remain so get yours NOW at WrestleCade.com. Just look for the Showcase of Champions tab. The Cody Rhodes Experience VIP Meet & Greet begins promptly at 5pm. If you don't have your admission tickets yet, there are a few left and you can buy them at WrestleCade.com under the Showcase of Champions tab.
2) All WrestleCade Weekend events are being held in the Benton Convention Center at 301 W 5th St, Winston-Salem, NC 27101. Since it is located downtown, parking on the street will be free but will fill up quickly. However, there is paid parking in the deck across the street as well as many convenient parking decks throughout the downtown area. If you are staying in our host hotel across the street, the Marriott, they will tell you where parking is. If you still need to make reservations at the Marriott, they have added some rooms to our room block and have extended our group rate discount. More info at the WrestleCade website. NOTE: The tunnel that connects the host hotel and the venue is closed for remodeling so using that is not an option this year.
3) If you purchased tickets using our payment program via PayPal or if you bought a Ringside seat, a Superstar pass, a Legends pass, a table or a half-table, your tickets/lanyards will be at Will Call at the Convention Center. Will Call will be open Friday night from 4pm until 7pm and again starting at 8am on Saturday morning. We encourage you to arrive early, to bring an ID or your printed receipt in order to save time and get into the events sooner than later. If you purchased Meet & Greet tickets for WrestleCade Weekend guests in advance, they will also be available at Will Call.
4) The FanFest doors will open at 10:30am for those who purchased Ringside, Superstar, Legends passes or any Table Seat and 11am for everyone else. This will also be your chance to visit the Autograph Arena where you can meet wrestling stars/legends, take a photo of them (or with them) and you will also have the opportunity to get almost every type of wrestling memorabilia and merchandise imaginable from our vendors.
5) We encourage you to buy as many tickets to meet your favorite wrestling stars in advance as possible. Lines WILL get long and this is the best way to avoid those. Visit the WrestleCade.com website and click the GET TICKETS link To Buy Your Meet & Greet Tickets For WrestleCade Weekend 2016 In Advance!
6) The AML Wrestling LIVE! television taping begins in the FanFest room at approximately 11:30am and is FREE to everyone with an admission ticket.
7) FanFest doors will close at 3pm. After 3pm, NO ONE will be allowed in the FanFest room except vendors, talent and security.
8) Doors for the afternoon SuperShow will open at 3:30pm on Saturday afternoon for those who purchased Ringside, Superstar, Legends passes or any Table Seat. 4pm for everyone else. Bell time is approximately 5pm and the event should end no later than 8pm. The SuperShow is NOT held in the FanFest room. It is held in a bigger room but still inside of the Benton Convention Center.
9) Our non-denominational worship service will begin on Sunday morning at 10am and will end around 10:45am. Everyone is welcome to attend, no ticket is needed and no dress code is enforced.
10) Doors for the Queens of Combat event open on Sunday morning at approximately 11am with a 12pm bell time and should be over by 2:30pm. Tickets are still available at the WrestleCade website under the Queens of Combat link.
11) Yes, it's a LONG weekend but there will be food and drinks available both in the venue OR within walking distance.
12) If you run out of cash there is an ATM on the premises. A lot of the vendors will also be taking credit & debit cards.
13) YES, you can bring your own merchandise to be signed. No weapons please (this means "traditional"
14) A couple of changes have been made in the line-up: Davey Richards, Angelina Love, Too Cool, MVP, Billy Gunn, Renee Dupree and Vince Russo will not be appearing but everyone else has been confirmed as of November 16. The card still subject to change so stay tuned for any more additions/deletions.
15) If you want to buy tickets at the door for ANY of the Wrestlecade Weekend events, please know that attendees who bought tickets in advance will have top priority. However, we will be selling any remaining tickets on a first come/first served basis. If you want to add your name to the 'Standby' list, please let one of our Team Members know when you arrive.
More info at http://www.WrestleCade.com
Thank you! See you there & safe travels!