How to Keep Your DR Flat Panel Detectors Happy & Healthy
Here are some tips from the Pro's at G.E. Walker to maximize the useful lifetime of your new DR flat panel detectors.
· Do not do hit the DR plate with repetitive high energy raw radiation.
· Careless handling and very dirty environments can shorten the useful lifetime of an digital imaging detector
· Consider extending the life of your grid investment with an encasement. Designed to reduce the chance of incidental grid damage from atypical handling. With sleek designs and curved corners, PAG (Protect-a-Grid)
· When there is a risk of fluids contacting the detector, place the detector in a protective bag to prevent contamination and potential damage to the detector. If you are using a protective enclosure around the detector, remove the enclosure immediately after use to prevent the detector from overheating.
· When storing DR plate, store in either wall storage rack, in charger, or somewhere secure where the DR plate can be laid flat and cannot fall. Do not leave in Wall Stand for extended period of time.
· Do not operate the equipment when cleaning the equipment.
· Do not spray cleaning solution directly onto the equipment. Moisten a cloth with a 70 % isopropyl alcohol solution and apply to patient contact areas after each contact. Caution-Isopropyl alcohol is a flammable solvent. Read and follow instructions in the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).
· Do not immerse the equipment in liquid
· Consider purchasing approved clinical cleaning lint wipes.
· Do not attempt mechanical or electrical repair of the System. The System must be repaired only by authorized service personnel
· Contact authorized service personnel at G.E. Walker, Inc. if any unit does not perform to your satisfaction. The System must be maintained in good operating order at all times to provide safe conditions for technician and patients. The System must also be maintained to prevent possible loss of patient or image data.
o Clean the equipment. Check the equipment integrity. Perform Daily Refresh Calibration if required. Report any unusual conditions to your authorized G.E. Walker service representative.
To Learn More Visit http://www.gewalker.com