News By Tag
News By Location
Aid & Development Africa Summit moves to Nairobi
By: Aid & International Development Forum
The Aid & Development Africa Summit 2017 unites regional and global expertise, offering a unique opportunity for cross-sector engagement between UN and government agencies, NGOs, donors and the private sector.
According to Timket A. Biresaw, Deputy Country Director, International Life Line Fund "the Aid & Development Africa Summit provides a platform for private-public-
Reasons to attend Aid & Development Africa Summit 2017:
• Debate the lessons learned from the recent drought crisis with all actors involved in humanitarian aid and development programmes in sub-Saharan East Africa
• Hear latest trends in procurement in the region, as well as policy updates and technological innovations to support emergency response, financing of development and aid programmes
• Find out about best practice in the supplier management and how to address supply chain challenges, including getting aid to areas of reduced infrastructure or conflict
• Learn about latest ICT developments and data strategy required to support SDGs, health resilience and emergency communication
• Find out how to build a culture of resilience and strengthen disaster preparedness, including initiatives and partnerships to improve health, livelihoods and safety of displaced people
• Build long lasting partnerships through structured networking opportunities, knowledge exchange and debates that influence regional development and humanitarian goals
Latest speaker confirmations at Aid & Development Africa Summit 2017:
• David Clapp, Coordinator of Sub-Regional Platform for East and Southern Africa, United Nations Development Programme
• Dr Sharad Sapra, Director of Global Innovation Centre, United Nations Children's Fund
• Rishi Ramrakha, Head of Zone Logistics Unit, Africa, International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies
• Christopher M. Hoffman, Regional Humanitarian and Emergency Affairs Director, World Vision
• Miriam Maluwa, Country Director, Ethiopia, UNAIDS
• Barlin H. Ali, Program Coordinator, Center for International Disaster Information (CIDI), U.S Agency for International Development
Register your participation now to join engaging and inspiring discussions with 70+ expert speakers and mingle with over 300 senior representatives from regional governments, UN agencies, NGOs, Red Cross, development banks, civil society organisations and the private sector. As Linda Ndethiu, Red Een Kind (Help a Child) Kenya stated, the Summit offers "good opportunities for networking with delegates but also with speakers".
The Aid & Development Africa Summit would like to thank its sponsors B Medical Systems, Losberger, Global Helicopter Service and DSV Air & Sea for their support.
For more information about the Summit, visit http://africa.aidforum.org
Alina O'Keeffe, Marketing Manager