Carl Roe - Eleven Chuck (Album)
Hip-Hop Triple Threat Drops Bombs on Latest Full Length Effort
The Seattle by-way-of Illinois native Carl Roe is many things: a Hip-Hop artist with talents as an emcee and producer; a meticulous craftsman known for his skills as a mixing engineer; and a proud US Army veteran. Above all else, however, he's a man striving to stay true to himself—and that's what makes his latest project, Eleven Chuck, such an important, but also engaging, listen.
Roe's ever-growing catalogue—including last year's great Ones And Zeroes—certainly boasts moments of introspection amidst personal tales. However, he is pulling back the curtain more than ever across Eleven Chuck's 17 tracks, which is evident in the album's title. It's a reference to his job classification, as an 11C Mortarman, during his military tenure.
"This album contains songs that are a lot more personal to me," Roe says. "Even though the album is not about my time in the military as an 11C, it's in my blood, and it's what I am to the core. Eleven Chuck will forever be a part of me and I felt the title was very fitting for such a personal project."
What's particularly telling while listening to Roe's music is that he's passionate but doesn't take himself too seriously. That sentiment bleeds through several highlights on here, such as the Nottz-produced lead single, "S. State St.," that's an upbeat ode to his stomping grounds. And then there's the super-fun, Rahjconkas-produced "Roe's House," which even features a hilarious Arnold Schwarzenegger impression from Roe. Other standouts include the flooring closing track, "Gratitude Rock" (prod. Carolinah Blu); the gripping and introspective "My Friends" (prod. GrandRiggity);
It's through these songs and the remainder of Eleven Chuck that Roe not only fulfills his mission of making "imperfect" and more personal music, but delivers his most well-rounded project to date.
Fittingly, Eleven Chuck arrives on Nov. 11—Veteran's Day—and will be available through all major digital retailers and streaming platforms.
01. Oneverse All Star (prod. by Rahjconkas)
02. S. State St. (feat. DJ Revolution) [prod. by Nottz]
03. Roe's House (prod. by Rahjconkas)
04. Dope Survival (feat. Ripynt, Fatal Lucciauno & Ariel Endure) [prod. by Willie Staxx]
05. My Friends (prod. by GrandRiggity)
06. Country Music (feat. Ripynt) [prod. by Willie Staxx]
07. Rock Bars (feat. Landon Wordswell & Ripynt) [prod. by Brainstorm]
08. Spells (feat. Mic Handz & Son of Tony) [prod. by GrandRiggity]
09. Honestly (prod. by Carolinah Blu)
10. Lightspeed (feat. John Crown) [prod. by Carl Roe]
11. Behave, Be Brave (prod. by Carl Roe)
12. Ties (feat. Ripynt & Slightly Flagrant) [prod. by Brainstorm]
13. Billy Hoyle (Interlude)
14. The Good Son (prod. by GrandRiggity)
15. Fade (prod. by GrandRiggity)
16. Any Way the Wind Blows (feat. Ripynt) [prod. by GrandRiggity]
17. Gratitude Rock (prod. by Carolinah Blu)
iTunes (Pre-Order): https://itunes.apple.com/