News By Tag
News By Place
Major political & economic system changes can create a far more just & democratic society
See the details: A FREE BOOK FOR YOUR FEEDBACK A three decade, 1,779 policy issue, over 21-year, Princeton University study found national public policy outcomes bear virtually no relationship to the preferences of poor or middle-income Americans.
Ft. Myers, FL/ October 14, 2016 – In other words, America is a society ruled by, and exclusively serves the interests of, the wealthy and corporations. The U.S. is not a true democracy or a society organized in the interests of its people.
400 American's total wealth of $2.3 trillion equals that of the least wealthy 195 million Americans. A 2013 Gallup poll found that 20% of Americans did not have enough money to buy food at least once over the prior year. We are all harmed by this degree of inequality. It would not exist in a truly democratic republic.Average U.S. Household Wealth Reached About $3/4 Million. We Have No Economic Problems, Only Political.
Extreme economic inequality and political inequality motivated the Age of Enlightenment revolutions—
The New Enlightenment—the needed new, peaceful revolution's foundation. The policies detailed will:
· Eliminate the dominating importance of money controlled by national public office candidates and their allies, and thereby allow a meaningful democracy to exist.
· End Unemployment;
· Reduce full-time work hours to 36 hours/week.
· Transform most businesses, over a two-decade transition period, to worker ownership and control through capital access systems, other supports, and regulations.
· Enhance democratic functioning with new, innovative democratic forms. Average citizens in 25 person deliberative groups involving 0.1% of the citizenry will develop some public policies.
· Create a new media culture more responsive and accountable to the majority through worker ownership and control of most media corporations.
· Eliminate tuition for two and four year public colleges.
· Create over a $500 billion annual federal budget surplus.
About the Author
Robert Bivona has a degree in physics, did graduate work in physics and engineering, and has decades of professional experience in physics, math and engineering. He has applied his analytic skills to his lifelong personal interest in public policy because our nation urgently needs fresh policy solution ideas from outside professional political and economics orthodoxy. Our political problems and resulting economic problems—largely caused by current political and economic professionals—
More info: http://www.newenlightenment.us . I will select 10 people for a free copy of my forthcoming 510-page book, The New Enlightenment, for their feedback on it. Please mail a few sentences explaining why you are interested in the book with your email and phone number to Robert Bivona, PO Box 4103, N. Ft. Myers, FL 33918 or call 239 567 0565. Offer ends 10/21/16 Thank you.
Now is the time for The New Enlightenment, a twenty-first century peaceful American revolution.