News By Tag
News By Place
World Bicycle Relief Launches Redesigned Website that Enhances User Experience
New Design Aims to Engage and Connect Supporters with Core Mission
Through bold photography and video content, World Bicycle Relief passionately tells the success stories of bicycle recipients- students, health care workers and entrepreneurs-
World Bicycle Relief tapped The Charles, a digital agency known for its big picture thinking, detailed execution and diverse creative team, to refresh and evolve its existing website.
"World Bicycle Relief is a fantastic organization with a mission that we were positively inspired by. The goal of the site was to communicate the organization's mission, vision and impact, inspire the site's audience and community, and ultimately increase donations," says Samantha Edwards, Chief Creative Officer of The Charles.
When users visit the newly designed website, they will find:
· A redesigned, searchable "Events Page" that makes finding and participating in events anywhere in the world simple.
· A streamlined "Donations Page" built with added security enhancements and monthly giving options that will continue to make the donation process simple and secure.
· Interactive maps that quickly illustrate the global scope and impact of World Bicycle Relief's work.
· Photos, videos and blog posts prominently featured throughout the site, sharing the stories of end-users and supporters alike.
· Intuitive site search functionality making it easy for users to find what they're looking for on any device.
· A new "Fundraising Page" with video, stories and examples to show supporters how they can easily join a global community of fundraisers using their creativity and passion to raise funds and awareness for The Power of Bicycles.
"With our redesigned website, we aim to engage more deeply with a global audience and communicate our continued commitment to innovation and excellence in the non-profit and social enterprise sectors. The new website reflects the growing impact that World Bicycle Relief is making worldwide and invites website visitors to join our mission of mobilizing people through The Power of Bicycles," says Ruth-Anne Renaud, Director of Global Marketing, World Bicycle Relief.
About World Bicycle Relief:
Founded in 2005, World Bicycle Relief mobilizes people through The Power of Bicycles®. World Bicycle Relief accomplishes its mission by distributing specially designed, high quality bicycles through philanthropic and social enterprise programs. These purpose built bicycles are built to withstand the challenging terrain and conditions in rural, developing areas. Entrepreneurs use the bicycles to increase productivity and profits. Students attend class more regularly and their academic performances improve. And, health care workers visit more patients in less time, providing better, more consistent care. World Bicycle Relief also promotes local economies and long-term sustainability by assembling bicycles locally and training field mechanics to service the bicycles. To date, World Bicycle Relief has delivered over 300,000 bicycles and trained over 1,200 field mechanics in Africa, Southeast Asia and South America. World Bicycle Relief is a registered nonprofit in USA, Canada, U.K. and Germany, and has assembly facilities in Kenya, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Malawi, South Africa and Angola.
For more information, please visit: http://worldbicyclerelief.org Follow us @PowerOfBicycles and Like us at facebook.com/
World Bicycle Relief Media Contact: