News By Tag
News By Location
Follow on Google News
Mondayitis – Finally A Cure!
The affliction known as 'Mondayitis' is a highly contagious, severe and debilitating condition which inexplicably affects more people in the sales industry than any other workforce. It is known to cause feelings of weariness, lethargy, depression, desperation and anxiety with symptoms often lasting for up to five days (or until close of business on Friday). Fortunately Author, Public Speaker and Sales and Marketing consultant Peter Gianoli has devised a cure in the form of an audio podcast obtainable through iTunes entitled "Monday Sales Coach"
A lot of people "Don't Like Mondays" so much so that Sir Bob Geldof wrote a song about it and if you search for it on YouTube you will see that at the last count 1.2 million visitors have already gone there, a lot of them are likely to be sales people.
This affliction is known as 'Mondayitis' and is a highly contagious, severe and debilitating condition which inexplicably affects more people in the sales industry than any other workforce. It is known to cause feelings of weariness, lethargy, depression, desperation and anxiety with symptoms often lasting for up to five days (or until close of business on Friday).
How do you self diagnose MONDAYITIS?
Symptoms of Mondayitis may include repeatedly hitting the snooze button; suffering an inability to get out of bed; involuntary moaning and whinging; bribing your partner to call your workplace to advise them you are suffering from a life-threatening illness; activating your 'out of office' message on your email account; turning off your mobile phone and failing to attend sales meetings.
Thankfully as of today a cure is at hand! Published by Peter Gianoli a well known Author, Public Speaker and Sales and Marketing Consultant a weekly audio podcast has been uploaded to iTunes entitled aptly "Monday Sales Coach".
If you are suffering from Mondayitis, it is time to turn your frown upside down! "Monday Sales Coach" is packed with tips and techniques to overcome Mondayitis and get sales people's productivity fired up and onto the right footing. The podcast is filled with ideas that Peter has gathered over 30 years of managing and leading sales staff to prevent or cure Mondayitis.
Listed below are 5 surefire ways to overcome the affliction:
1) Don't end the week till Monday evening. This makes Monday's feel like the end of the week rather than the start. There is nothing like having a deadline to engender enthusiasm so having a deadline on a traditionally slower day makes sense. This will mean sales meetings are best held on a Tuesday because sales people will be too busy selling on Mondays to attend meetings.
2) Plan Monday on Sunday evening. Prepare a ritual for Monday mornings that will have you leaving home in good order and fired up to succeed. A perfect morning ritual will generally include some quiet time, exercise, reading, fresh green nutrition and a good dose of quality coffee. Whilst driving to work listen to a motivation message or educative material such as "Monday Sales Coach" rather than Am/FM clap trap.
3) Spend some time encouraging other sales staff just like you. Make it your purpose to fire up every person you come into contact with during the morning. Behaviour breeds behaviour.
4) Look for an opportunity to teach or help somebody with the intent of making a change. There is no better motivator than like feeling you are making a difference and being appreciated, so why not get this feeling on Mondays. Most poor performers who suffer Mondayitis tend to withdraw and seek isolation – the cure or prevention requires the opposite.
5) By lunchtime your Mondayitis should be beaten for the week but in case it is still lingering, the final piece to get you over the hump is to devote around 20 minutes to learning something new without any apparent practical benefit. This too will serve to trigger another set of synapses in your cerebrum (fire up your brain) and keep you up and performing.
Now the best thing about beating Mondayitis is the effect it will have on the rest of the week. Peter has found that every time a sales person makes a sale on a Monday they go on to have a cracking week. It is all about momentum. Beat Mondayitis every week and you become a high performer, it is as simple as that.
"Monday Sales Coach" is published every Sunday so that sales people can download it in preparation to listen to it during their Monday morning commute. "Monday Sales Coach" is available on iTunes https://itunes.apple.com/
Or by visiting http://www.petergianoli.com/